Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A little Craft time

I've been slacking on the old blog and the truth is that I just can't seem to find the time...too busy living I guess.  Besides the usual house and kids consuming my time I have been working on so many projects and LOVING it.  A time and a season for everything and I have finally found my season to create and craft. 
I'm pretty sure Super Saturday helped revive my crafting love, combine that with spending time with crafty friends and it makes things happen.
I came across this idea on Pinterest a couple weeks ago and called a few friends and set up a crafting date while our older kids were in preschool.
 
I happened to have a stash of boards in our garage that were never used on our previous basement reno that worked out perfect for this.  My friend cut us some stencils with her cricut and I mixed up some paint with a combo of a few I had on hand.  We set to work sponging paint into our stencils with our 3 1 yr olds running around (plus 1 extra my friend babysits).
 We honestly barely got started before we needed to get our kids from school so we finished at night after they were in bed......lol.
We sanded the edges and rubbed on a little stain.
 Over the weekend we had gorgeous weather and headed to my sister's acerage to cut down a few branches for me to use as greenery.  The kids had an absolute blast running around hiding under the trees while T shook them and brought all the snow crashing down :)  There is something so magical about being surrounded by evergreens heavy with snow.
 I put out a search on FB and a friend had an old galvanized pot she was happy to donate my way!  I put in a few ornaments and pine cones on sticks and some white lights.  I love the way it turned out.
 I love it even more at night.  A Pinterest success.

For a couple mths a friend and I have been toying with the idea of having a monthly craft night.  We finally did it this past weekend and had so much fun.  It was great to spend time with friends and get to know newer friends even better!  We decided to order a nativity vinyl and wouldn't you know it, it didn't arrive by its guaranteed date.  We painted our boards anyway and then made a few cute new years banners while the paint was drying.  (still need to add a few embellishments)  Should be fun to have something cute to hang after the Christmas decor is packed away (we put a 5 on the back of the 4 so we can use it the following yr too)





 Warning:  Do not scroll down if you are related to me (don't want to see your christmas present early ;)










Our vinyl finally arrived this week and I got them on my boards today.  I love love love them.  Adds the perfect Spirit to our holiday decor.
 I had a hard time deciding which of my 4 I made to keep but thought the black suited my kitchen nook the best.

Yesterday the crafting carried on.  I babysit on Tuesdays.  In the afternoons the little boys nap and JA always plays super well with his buddy so I am hoping to get a Christmas baking project completed each tuesday for the next mth.  I also managed to put this cute stamp set I picked up from Target to good use as well.
I know I won't always have so much time to be crafty (ie.as soon as my wild boy stops napping) but for now I am soaking in every moment.  There is something about creating that just fills me with happiness.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPINESS is oozing from this post! I LOVE IT ALL!!!!! Your craftiness is contagious! I especially love that nativity.

    ReplyDelete