Thursday, November 14, 2013

A House Tour

I've had a few requests for a house tour and keep waiting until everything looks just the way I want it to but let's face it, that is never going to happen ;)  I have lots of fun decorating plans but seem to be lacking the "$10k surplus decorating fund" that I need to make it happen all at once, lol.  (One project at a time)
I cleaned up the house a bit for company that came over yesterday and figured I might as well snap some pics this morning  before my little tornadoes work their magic.  So try to ignore the grey skys and dark early morning light, on a sunny day we are all lit up.  Not the best pics but they will get the job done!

 Front Entry
 Take a sharp left and the mudroom door is there and it leads to the garage.
 I love love love having a mudroom, especially right now with all the snow/mud in our construction zone.  The plan is to get wooden lockers/shelves built in to replace the wire racks, can't wait!
 To the right of mudroom is the toy room.  This has been such a great space.  I found in our old house that even though we had a similar set up in the basement the kids still want to be where I am and would drag all the toys up.  This room gives them a place to play close by.  It is technically a "4th bedroom" so it has a door and closet which is great too.

 To the right of the mudroom is the bathroom.  Since the toy room is technically a bedroom it has a full shower.  We never use it but it has come in handy when company comes to visit.
 The livingroom and kitchen are at the end of the hall.  Still a work in progress.  I have dreams of wainscotting for the livingroom and shutters for the windows but it will take time.  I wanted to do a beach/lake theme in the livingroom and ordered some wooden oars from Pottery Barn to hang on the wall above the love seat but they are on back order until January.
Eventually I want to cover the tile around the fire with rock and have great plans for the space above it!
 We are loving the island space for cooking, home work, breakfast, crafting, etc.

 At the top of the stairs in the bonus room.  We used sound proof insulation up on the top floor and it makes tv watching at night time and nap time a breeze.  I have lots of plans for this room, a grey upholstered sectional, throw pillows, etc but for now these super easy to clean old couches are perfect for life with little ones.


 Hallway with the kid's bath on the left, laundry next left, Baby W's room to the right and JA and AL's room a little further right.
 Kid's bath (which rarely gets used since they can't seem to stay out of our bathroom....lol)
 Laundry/linen - so in love with upstairs laundry
 Baby W's room.  Eventually this will be AL's room when he is ready for a real bed.  I can't wait to hang a chandelier and make it all girly in here ;)
 JA and AL's room.  Eventually the boys will share this room and we will get some bunk beds but for now it works great (both kids are too scared to sleep alone!)
 To the left of the TV in the bonus room is the door to the master bedroom
 Hallway leading to master closet on the right and bath straight ahead
 The master closet is a huge mess but we love having lots of space.  T has the other half of the closet hidden by the door.
 Master bath - "water closet" with the toilet is to the left (love having that seperate space ;)

The basement is unfinished but used for all the large toys, swings and lots of play.  By the time we hit the teen years we will finish it off with some bedrooms and a rec room.

We feel incredibly blessed to live here and can't wait to raise our kids here.  I'm thankful for a super saver/budgeter husband that has done such a great job paying down our mortgage so that we have never had to increase it from our original little starter home we bought before the boom.
Stay tuned for pics as the house progresses and the yard too!

5 comments:

  1. I love it all! I'm with you about the laundry being where the bedrooms are. And the separate space for toilet. TOTALLY. I'm loving your whole house, especially the kitchen. Smart idea on the insulation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! Can't wait to see in in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice. I always like taking a peek into other peoples homes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!! Seriously it is beautiful, congrats :)

    ReplyDelete