There is a Curious George Christmas special with a song about Christmas preparations and about how getting there is half the fun. Everytime I hear that song I more then agree........the month of preparations are really the best part.
A couple months ago a friend told us about a breakfast with Santa at a local greenhouse so I grabbed us some tics. We had such a fun time. Just being in the greenhouse was a treat in itself. The breakfast was very kid friendly too. The kids had lots of fun with their treat bag, face painting, balloon animals and of course visiting Santa. Having their friends there made it that much more fun!
I promise WR hardly ever has a bottle in his mouth but I clearly use it as a way to get him to sit still for a few mins when we are out. He is one busy busy boy.
Christmas concerts are seriously one of the highlights of the holidays. It is so fun watching your child perform something they have worked so hard on. AL's school is enormous. They had 10 days of Christmas concerts (with 2 shows on each day). AL's night was a portion of the gr.1 &2s. They performed a Holiday Moosical. It was an adorable show with lots of songs and sure beat the yr before at her old school when they shuffled 150 kinders on stage for one song.
JA had his concert the following night. The year before he missed his show due to illness but he wouldn't even step on the stage during their rehearsal. This year he practised and was pretty nervous (hard task for a kid with sensory issues) and I wasn't sure what he would do. He blew us away with how well he did. He sang his heart out and did all the actions. Total proud mom moment.
I pretty much opened up my own little candy making factory last week and cranked out 8 batches of almond roca. A dozen bags for T's staff (a last min request) and another dozen for neighbor gifts. So yummy and so fun to deliver with our children.
AL's class had a party friday afternoon and she requested Marshmallow caramel popcorn to share. So 30 bags later she was set. (Not going to lie my feet hurt after all that time in the kitchen)
The weather has been COLD this past week (in the -30's) so we opted to drive down Candy Cane Lane and look at the lights in our warm car.
This nativity had me hopping out of the vehicle to take a look. Beautiful
A cute pic of this guy just because (random upload order)
We also hopped out to visit the Big Guy on Candy Cane Lane too
The next night the wind died down and we grabbed the sleds and toured the beautiful lights at the Leg in the -20 weather!
We stopped inside for hot chocolate
We were just a bit too early to listen to the choirs that perform each night.
The kids were convinced this snowman was alive ;)
I love this month and all the memories we get to make!





















I am totally with you on the journey to Christmas. I love stretching it out for weeks. And I am so proud of your kids!!!!! That is crazy how many nights the performances are.....at least you don't have to sit through the whole school performing on one night! LOL. Love all these Christmas pictures. I would love to do a breakfast w/Santa at our local greenhouse.....perhaps I'll drop a little hint.
ReplyDeleteP.S. "Candy factory." HA! Oh the things we do for others :)