Growing up we always had a host of invisible elves arrive at our house to keep an eye on us close to Christmas. My children have had the same thing the past few years. We have never seen them although AL often claims to see a green flash out of the corner of her eye! We have found tiny little foot prints in the dust on top of our kitchen cupboard along with tiny sprinklings of silver stars here and there.
Last year my Mom bought my kids an interactive book about an Elf on the Shelf named Chippey. This year when our Christmas books came out my children started to wonder if an elf on the shelf might come to our house. Last week my kids came home from church telling me all the funny things their friends elves were doing and were sure our elf was delayed due to the big snow storm (opps).
Not going to lie I am kind of cheap and the $32 price tag seemed high but lucky for me I went shopping on Black friday not realizing it was Black Friday (so very Canadian I know) and came home with $30 in gift cards I wasn't expecting........perfect for an elf!
Monday our Elf arrived from the North Pole and sat on the mantel until he was discovered in the late afternoon. The children love him. They named him Chippey and I often catch them telling him their wish list or about good things they have done that day ;)
They hop out of bed each morning and set off in a race trying to find him. They can't get over how silly he is. I LOVE the magic and excitement he brings!
Decking our halls a bit more
Silly little elf
Flying in on the Birthday Express to make the birthday boy and his friends laugh
One of the 4 basic elf food groups
Breakfast surprise
We are pretty excited to see what else Chippey does to put a smile on our face each morning ;)








so fun so fun so fun! Unless the kids start asking a lot, ours has a scheduled arrival of 10 days before Christmas...
ReplyDeleteSuper fun!
ReplyDelete