Thursday, January 16, 2014

January Juggling

I've concluded that life with kids is never dull and also never goes according to plan.  When school resumed almost 2 weeks ago I had big plans of cleaning my house top to bottom, getting on top of the laundry (instead of buried under the never ending mountain) and maybe even enjoying a few moments of silence..............BUT life has a way of keeping a Mom busy!

Poor JA came down with Pink Eye on Sunday morning.  Highly contagious and house bound for several days.  I felt kind of bad that he was the one that got it since he is borderline OCD about washing hands......as soon as his boots come off when we walk in the house he runs to wash his hands!
 I took advantage of our house bound time and did a little baking.  AL can be a bit tricky to pack a lunch for each day and so I am pleasantly surprised with how much she loves these Pizza Buns.
 I managed to get in some serious exercise as well.  I had driven the girls to school in the morning and so in the afternoon I was met with the school field that was completely untouched (in our direction) from 2 weeks of holidays.  It was hard to say the least but it sure got the heart pumping! 
 The path or lack there of had actually been so difficult that I set out that evening to burn off a little house bound energy and shovelled us a path.  Now that was actually HARD!  I'm pretty sure I almost collapsed but then I stopped to enjoy the beautiful snow falling and the silence and smiled.  I dmitted defeat about 90% done and got my sweet husband to finish.  He was so nice and told me he almost had a heart attack and couldn't believe how much I had done (maybe he was just being nice but regardless I'll take it)
 At the start of the week I noticed WR starting to cough a bit.  Now this poor kid pretty much goes from a little Cold to crazy sick (never in between........I predict tonsil removal or ear tubes in his future)
He woke Tuesday night at 9pm and started crying.  At 2:30 am when the crying was so hysterical I knew I might have to take him in (worried we might have an ear drum about to burst)
 I bundled my screaming boy up and drove to the hospital in a town just south of us.  Lucked out with it being super quiet and my friend's husband being the doctor on duty.  We were given our own room for fear of waking the other patients with the crying.  It was a long few hrs that included covering every inch of the room in puke.......ugh. 
 The Dr. got his tummy settled down and meds for his ear infection.  I got home at 6am.  After being awake for 24 hrs I was beyond tired.  I crashed and hard.  T got the kids off to school and I had thought from our brief conversation he was staying home for the day.  Long story short he went to work and assumed he would phone me to wake me.  I turned my ringer off and slept like a log.  No one picked up JA but Grandma saved our bacon and got him 45 mins after dismissal.......opps.


After we recovered a bit of sleep we resumed with life and trying to catch up with the house.  I laughed when JA decided to wear his PJ's to the store...........why not right?!?

 The best part of the week was that all my kids were healthy and happy on my birthday, I had fears I would wake up with pink eye for my big day (my hands were raw from the non stop handwashing however ;)

JA crashed hard sunday and is still working on recovering (basically a repeat of what his brother had).  I can't remeber seeing him sleep non stop for so many days.  We lucked out and got him into his pediatrician on a last min appt and didn't have to do the middle of the night drama :)

Tuesday night this week AL went skating with the girl we babysit and her family and I went out to shovel.  January 14th, above freezing and pouring with rain.  I kind of loved it.
 The crazy weather continues with plus 8 C temps yesterday along with 120km/hr winds!!!  CRAZY.
our road looks like a complete sink hole and I can actually hear the spinning of tires from a stuck truck as I type.
 I doubled up the boys because I was certain I couldn't pull two sleds against that kind of wind.  JA assured me he would hold on tight so the baby wouldn't fly away.
The upstairs of my house is a mess, laundry is piled high and I'm feeling tired but I'm trying to just stop and enjoy the journey.  Life is kind of what happens when we are busy making plans and before long these little guys will be grown up, might as well enjoy it..........the good and the exhausting.

1 comment:

  1. My oh my did you ever capture young motherhood. Nice to know there are others in the same boat :) You're a great mother, Sheri!

    ReplyDelete