Thursday, January 16, 2014

He's Busy!

WR hits the 18mth mark this weekend and for any of you church going friends you know this is a big deal.......that means he can now go play in the nursery at church!!!  Hooray.  I have a hunch he won't go in without us for the first few weeks but anything is better then wandering the halls or cruising around my sunday school class as I try to teach.

WR is the sweetest, cutest little guy oh and did I mention how busy he is?!?!  He never stops and often makes me think of the Denise the Menace movie where he just has to reach out and touch a button, even though he knows he shouldn't. Yesterday I found myself fishing the entire roll of toilet paper (roll included), along with a cereal bowl out of the toilet. (Good thing it was clean water) That being said I know it could be worse, he has yet to climb more then on and off the couch.  He plays hard all day and rarely stops but he naps 2-3 hrs each afternoon and sleeps a solid 12 hrs a night.  Can't complain about that.

I've had to resort to locking my bathroom door from the inside all day long and locking him out while I shower.  As much as I love seeing everything tossed in a tub of water, I have a hunch it won't be long be for an electronic piece joins the fun.

At 18 mths he is still a man of very few words.  Great sound effects however.  He knows what he wants and does a pretty good job of showing me with signs and hand gestures but we will continue to work hard on trying to increase his language.  I'm not overly worried yet and am glad I know exactly what path to pursue if it seems like we need some intervention with speech.

I finally decided to let him "help" me bake this week.  Woah, what a mess!  He touched the beaters while they were running (thankfully on low), tossed flour, turned the mixer on and off and generally loved it.


 The next day there was no keeping him out of the action, he knew exactly what I was up to the minute the mixer came out.  This time I got a little smarter and repositioned him and it was a much cleaner experience ;)


Sure do love this guy and are excited to see what the rest of this year brings for him.

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much. And I love how you just roll with it all and embrace it. A seasoned mother, for sure. Doesn't that feel nice in some ways? Sigh of relief! Haha.

    ReplyDelete