It has been one of those weeks. The kind that test you to your limits, have you digging for answers, feeling frustrated, exhausted and wishing you had stayed in bed so that more wouldn't be piled onto your overflowing plates. This morning the trend continued. I did my best to cope with my case of pink eye, dusted myself off after an incredibly rude and abrasive phone call (with a person that should have been the complete opposite) and headed to the police station (wearing gloves to try to keep my germs from spreading). Last night I backed into a parked car. One of those moments that leaving you feeling oh so dumb.
Anyway, as I waited for the officer to file my accident claim I was mentally tallying all the things that had gone wrong this week. A few mins later a beautiful lady walked in and in a hushed voice desperately asked for help. She had a 10 mth old and 2 yr old and a husband who was threatening to kill her and she didn't have anyone in the country to help her. My heart broke for her and in an instant I was completely humbled and grateful for my challenges and my oh so blessed life.
Sometimes a bit of perspective changes everything.
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Humbled
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry you had a rough week -- I know the feeling! We don't have to look far to see how much we have to be grateful for though. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteOh Sheri. I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, Sheri. I have felt like I'm drowning, and then the Lord gives me a little perspective and I start to feel like I'm breathing normal again. I'm sorry things have been a little rough lately. This is but a moment, right? ((HUGS))
ReplyDelete