Sunday, January 26, 2014

Spring time in January?!?!

I don't know what mother nature has been thinking lately and I am sure it should be a cause for concern but getting a nice dose of spring like temperatures for most of January sure is a nice break to get us through the next few months.  I walked a few blocks to grab JA from a birthday party yesterday, sloshing in deep puddles, soaking in the 8 above temps, balancing along on sliperry ice patches, breathing in the fresh air and blue skies and listening to the tune of happy birds singing.  Good for the soul!

Maybe it was the spring time in the air, I don't know but I have been wanting a change for a while and cut some good length off my hair a week ago.  It still catches me by surprise in the mirror but I am really liking it.  So much lighter and healthier.  We'll see how long I keep it short!
 We have been trying to get out and enjoy the amazing weather alot.  The only real downside is that our skating rink is covered in puddles and closed.  We did get in some sledding though.
 WR may have been scared for his life (can't blame him, it's a big hill) so he ran /slid down the other side of the hill to the school playground with me to play.
 Growing up we lived blocks from the tulip and daffodil fields so I can never resist boying bouquets when I see them!
 This pic may not look like much but when it is no longer pitch black at 5pm it deserves a little celebration!
 Our street has turned into a lake with no where to drain so a lot of time was spent this weekend chipping ice.  WR is in heaven, soaking wet but all smiles.
 I'm guessing this might be a first for January for us.  We took the Christmas decor and lights down!!!!  LOVE that.
 It isn't a glamorous job but I sure love a man that will clean up after the dog ;)
 On Friday night we dropped AL at a birthday party and went to check out the annual ice carving festival.  With the super warm weather I wasn't sure what would be going on but we were not too dissapointed.  The carvers were just starting on their sculptures which were judged the next day but we loved looking at all the completed Olypmic themed peices. (they were dripping and fast)
 The highlight however were the ice slides.  So fun and sooooo wet ;)
 After a million runs down the slides we headed to the kids igloo and tried our hand at ice carving
 Showing off JA's ice (I'm so vain, glasses and pink eye in public was only doable in the dark, ha.  Don't worry I wore glove other then the pic)

 Driving the bobsled!
 WR was not a fan of the ice slides until much later in the night when we found some smaller sleds in the kid zone.  Too bad you can't see his smile.
The weather took a huge shift this morning and our forecast looks much more like a normal winter but I sure did love this past month.  I'm curious to see what the rest of our winter will be like.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like lots and lots of fun! I was even thinking about taking down more lights. It was actually -6 today. Glasses look cute on you, but I know what you mean about not wanting to wear them in public. I despise glasses but for some reason in the last 2+ years my eyes physically reject them. I went through an identity crisis phase. It's true.

    ReplyDelete