Sunday, January 26, 2014

Other Happenings

WR had a big week last Sunday.  Being 18mths old he was officially old enough to attend nursery at church.  It has been a struggle with T and I both being busy with callings  in the 2nd block and having WR with one of us.  Teaching a sunday school class with a 1yr old running around is always an adventure.  We were worried about how he would do since he is crazy clingy to me and against our better judgment just took him in and walked out within a min of him running off to play.  About 10 mins in he noticed we were gone and lost it and there was no calming him down (he's a cry so hard till he pukes kind of guy).  I kicked myself for not just going with my gut and sticking to what I know works best for my own kids and not following the suggestion of someone who doesn't know them.  Once I joined him in the nursery it took forever to calm him and he was on edge and crying most of the remaining time.  Next week (stayed home this week with me and my pink eyes) we will stay and let him just get comfy and enjoy himself, over the next few mths we will decrease the time we spend in there each week until we no longer need to at all (it is just what works for us)
 Speaking of WR, he has some crazy wild hair.  It has gotten so long in the back we have been able to put it in a pony tail....ha! 
 I finally broke down and cut it this morning.  so stinkin' cute!  I sat him on the bathroom counter and he kept busy with the fawcett while I tried to cut fast (think wrangling a wild turkey here)

I had some fun this week finally working on our living room.  I have had some ideas for the lake theme I want in there but with a several month back order it has taken a while to get it all together.  I knew I wanted to paint the antique window frame above my fire place and finally set to it after some inspiration at a friend's house.
 I love the way it turned out.  I also sewed a little garland together for a festive touch.
 After months of waiting the wooden oars I ordered from Pottery Barn finally arrive at my door.  I love them.  I still have more plans for this room (wainscotting and stone on the fireplace) but for now it feels so much cozier and complete.
 My girl loves her craft time but I find we never get a chance with her at school.  Today I put a smile on her face and busted out the Valentine craft supplies.  Even JA who is very resistant to anything in the craft/fine motor department joined in.  I love seeing what they will create!


 I'm excited to put these in the pic frames in the toyroom we use to show case their work!


AL deserves a very honorable mention this week.  This poor girl broke her tooth and ended up having to have some major dental work done (and she still has to return for more).  We have dilligently brushed daily, ate healthy and seen the dentist regularily(twice in the last 11 mths even)  but we came to find out that the care we had been receiving was very neglectful which led to minor issues being undetected and turning into major issues.  I won't go into detail but it has been disheartening, oh so expensive and then just plain sad to watch AL suffer.  She truly is a trooper and such a sweet sweet girl.  Sure do love her.

1 comment:

  1. I love how your oceanic self is coming through in decor! And I am so sad about Miss A.

    ReplyDelete