Monday, February 3, 2014

Time to get Crafty

I seriously love when the creative juices flow and I get a chance to put them to good use.

In December my friend and I started our first attempt at a monthly craft night.  We were hoping to get crafty along with get to know people that we don't know all that well in our neighborhood.  Overall a complete success.  We aimed for another craft night this past weekend and found we actually ended up with more long time friends and family then anything else just due to conflicting schedules but a success none the less.  We have branched out and invited even more people and hope to have a really good turn out next month (good thing for lots of room in the unfinished basement incase everyone we invite actual all decide to show up ;)

With Valentine's Day right around the corner we used that as our crafting theme.  We played around with various heart wreaths but with heart shaped wreath forms unavailable where we live we just couldn't make it work.  I found a great tutorial for a felt ruffle wreath and we decided to give it a try.  It wasn't until the day before did I realize that the tutorial said she used 280 felt circles for the wreath and spent 12-15 hrs on it ........yikes.  I decided to take the easy road and we pre-wrapped our wreaths with strips of felt and I got away with just over 100, 3 inch diameter circles pinned into the wreath.  I love how it turned out!  All the pink and white wreaths looked so cute.  I hung a heart from it for valentines and plan to hang an egg for easter.

We also made some adorable valentine picture frames with scrap book paper and modge podge.  They all looked so crazy cute!  I seriously can't wait to start planning next months crafts.

Here are a few pics:


Most of us pre-cut at least some of our circles to make sure we could get the project complete that night
 I set out a few treats and everyone brought a treat to share as well.  Can't beat yummy treats, visiting and crafting!  Little Miss AL was so excited about the party but it was right at her bed time so she waited patiently until her brother was asleep then snuck down and joined us for a while ;)

The adorable picture frame my oh so crafty friend showed us how to make
 At the last minute I realized I should take a pic or two (I probably should have had everyone smile...ha)

 The finished product which is now hanging in my front entry way (too dirty in my consturction neighborhood to hang it outside)
 My frame with two very young love birds in it !


With my crafty vibe in the zone I finally got the desire to tackle a project I've been thinking about for months.  Actually back in the summer before we moved in I showed my friend some house pics and she mentioned this wall would be great for a little photo wall.
 I gathered up old frames and bought a couple unfinished frames from Michaels and set to work painting them

 I did a lot of rearranging and with the help of my talented friend  came up with some thing that works
 I love it!
 Not a great picture but I love the way it breaks up the railings.  I kind of want to do more photo walls.......slightly addictive (you are right MG)
Have you been making anything fun?

4 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute! so smart to paint frames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any excuse for treats is one that gets my attention! I love how you are always having people over and doing fun stuff. I just want to sleep! And put up gallery walls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably do more crafts if I had a fun group of ladies to do them with! Super cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your craftiness!!!! I may have to copy the gallery wall.... ;)

    ReplyDelete