My heart has ached this week (and over the past year) as I've followed along with my dear friend's cousins battle with cancer. A young mom with two small children and a husband in school. I have thought about this family non stop, prayed, fasted and tried to pass their message on to others as they have fundraised. In a sad course of events she passed away this Friday. I truly feel pain in my heart for them. I can't even imagine the devestation. I have been touched watching an army of people (many strangers like myself) who deeply mourn for this dear lady and desperately want to provide any ounce of comfort to her small family.
These events have been the source of some deep conversations between T and I. Conversations about what we would do if we were in a similar situation. It may sound weird but peace of mind has come as we talked over our will, life insurance policies, work and childcare plans and even marrying again. My biggest fear in life after losing a child, is that I won't get to raise them. So I will continue to blog so they can always have the opportunity to know who I am just a little bit more. I will try to cherish my little family more, hold them tighter and tell them I love them more.
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Hard conversations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Like"
ReplyDelete