Sunday, March 30, 2014

St.Patty's Day!

Time for some blogging catch up now that I finally uploaded my camera pics.

To be totally honest I don't really know what the exact meaning of St.Patick's Day is historically (note to self to find out!) but I love any excuse to put forth minimal effort and yet still make the day extra fun and magical for the kids. 
The day before my kids set to work building a Leprechaun trap.  I gave JA a hand and we decided to lure him in with Lucky Charms.  He also filled his trap with money that he thought might be enticing as well.  I was taking a few pics and admiring our handy work when AL piped in and said that a friend at school told her that those little green men bite.  Well, that did it for JA.  There was no way he wanted to catch one.  He dismantled the trap in seconds and decided to just help AL create a fun play zone opposed to an actual trap lol! 


 They lucked out and he came that night and left a note and some of his gold!
 He turned the milk green which made for a little more fun at breakfast.

We don't permit video games in our house (mostly just due the the behavior that always seems to follow from our children) anyway, JA loves to sneak in the odd game on Grandm'a Ipad with his cousins when he can and he has become obsessed with Minecraft creepers from the few times he has played .  His Dad made him the mask out of a box so he knew exactly what he wanted to wear for green day at school ;)
 AL was less then impressed with taking a pic of her in her green before school
 After we got the kids to school WR and I set to work making a festive "rainbow" fruit pizza for the kids for after school.  WR loves to help!
 I had to attend one of several parenting seminars that afternoon that took up alot of time over March (to help out with some challenges JA is facing) and so T had the kids.  They all loved coming home to this!
 We had a simple dinner of green pasta and veggies and then rainbow sherbet in Sprite to drink!  A hit.

A couple weeks later I discovered the mustaches I had purchased for St.Patty's and forgotten about...opps!

No comments:

Post a Comment