Sunday, March 9, 2014

Teacher's convention

Time for some blogging catch up!  What can I say, life has been busier then I would have imagined.  We've been very focused on helping JA have more success, develop problem solving skills, go through assessments, tons of "homework"and reading for T and I and seminars to attend.  It has been draining, challenging and hopeful all wrapped into one.  Add being asked last Sunday night to give a talk in church today and every ounce of free time to blog has been shot.  T also finished his huge school assignments and exam and came away with his A+ average still intact.  He has decided to take the next semester off to complete a project management designation outside of his MBA program so he will be a tiny bit more available but still busy studying and writing an exam before school resumes again in a few mths for him.

February flew by and the last thursday and friday of the month school was out for both kids as all the teacher's had their annual convention (I loved attending it back in the day).  The weather was COLD (think -40's) and I wasn't too sure what I could do with kids aged 18mths to 8 yrs but thanks to a friend I heard about a new indoor play place.  Complete success!  Several friends joined us too which always makes the day sweeter.

There was a nice big (and warm) room filled with ride on cars and tons of activities for the younger kids.
 Out in the main dome area there was a large mini golf area, large inflatable slides and bouncy house, craft area, snack area etc
 I'm pretty sure the kids would have been happy here all day!

 After a few hrs of playing we stopped at McDonalds and grabbed lunch to take home.  We had Miss O our before/after school care friend with us too.  I love that her parents offer to pay for whatever we are doing so it makes it so much easier to go out and do fun things!  After lunch it was naptime/movie time.  Can you spot the newly shaved puppy in there?
 Later in the day JA told me he needed green hair........why not right???

We made pizza for dinner.  The kids love putting toppings on their own pizza. 
 AL declared it the "Best day ever" (glad she is so easy to impress lol)
The evening was spent playing games. (I may have won Candyland by a landslide ;)

 One of the nicest parts about not having school was spending more time with this sweet girl.
 T was off on friday and we took the boys for immunizations.  I've been dreading taking JA for years knowing it would be a hard sell but man he did so good.  Cried for a second as the second one was being given but didn't fight or try to get away (as I imiagined he might).  Here he is in the waiting room after enjoying his hard earned mini eggs and showing me a finger on each hand for his two needles.  Way to go Buddy!
 Saturday I am guessing we hibernated most of the day between friend birthday party drop offs.  It was crazy  crazy cold for March 1st!  I peeked in and saw the kids deep in play.....love that.
 It was also Grandma's birthday so we had her over for dinner along with T's brother, neice and her fiance (who are so cute and in love).  A fun evening for sure!

1 comment: