Friday was Valentine's day. I love red and pink hearts and valentine cards but this year was extra special because it also happened to be our 10 year wedding anniversary. I seriously don't know where the time has gone. I'm pretty sure that this special celebration deserves a pretty great reflective post all of its own but life has been busy so hopefully some time soon I'll dig through old pics and get to it. All I can say is that I am the luckiest lady in the world to have married such an amazing guy.
During the days leading up to the big day the kids and I filled out their cards for their little classmates. I love how excited they get over each one.
We found these cute cucumbers and enjoyed them with dinner one night
For years now I have made T some sort of a man bouquet. There's been sugar cookies, tiny heart pies, chocolate bars and this year I changed it up and went for a fruit arrangement. He managed to get valentine's day off work as his every 3rd friday off, so we surprised him with this thursday after work.
Thursday afternoon AL had to get the rest of her dental work done from her previous visit. T took her to both appts and some how missed them saying she would have an extraction as well. Opps. She was a champ but man it was bad timing to be stuck eating purees and super soft foods. She was feeling pretty crumby when she woke on v-day and was sad to miss out on her chocolates and school party.
This guy couldn't believe his luck!!! He was less then impressed when I cut him off after two treats ;)
AL stayed home for the morning from school but finally perked up mid morning when the meds kicked in and was ready to head to school for her party. I felt oh so bad because she wasn't able to eat any of the food at her party so I sent jello jigglers to share and packed her some yogurt as well. She was pleased.
My sweet love surprised me with this gorgeous bouquet
We typically don't make plans on our anniversary since babysitters are hard to come by and restaurants are packed. We ordered in some amazing thai food and enjoyed a relaxing evening at home. Not much beats a few hrs of quiet alone time after the kids go to bed ;) Slow dancing in the kitchen and reflecting on our years together......perfection.
On saturday we hit up one of my all time favorite city festivals. Amazing weather and winter activities is the best way to just love february in the north!
We went on a sled ride. Love the sound of sleigh bells.
Rode the ice slides
Played games (sadly we missed the tail end of some of the mini olympic games)
We made bannock over the fire
Drank hot chocolate and looked at ice sculptures
And had just the best time.
On Monday the fun continued with a bunch of family day activities put on down at the lake. We invited our neighbors to join us and it was so fun to get to know them even better. Typically our kids just play back and forth at each others house so it was nice to spend time as a group.
There was lots of skating and a few rides from Dad. I love seeing how much progress my kids have made this winter.
Inside the club house we had a blast with the photo booth, balloon animals and snacks
The lake rinks are typically just used for hockey and this day was no exception (they added a bunch of shooting tutors on the nets too) but they also cleared a new rink and had curling and them this kid friendly version as well. The kids had an absolute blast.
I've said it before but I'll say it again, I love our community. We spent the day with friends, neighbors, classmates and church friends. Can't beat that.
Action packed with so much fun (I babysit the little guy in the red helmet being held by his mom)
After two hrs I headed home with WR for a nap and T and the kids ended up staying two more hrs playing hard with all their little friends.
We ate an early dinner and settled in for family movie night before bed.
Can't beat a weekend spent with the ones I love the most. I'm a lucky mom indeed.





















I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!! What a great weekend! So happy happy happy about the school decisions, too!
ReplyDeleteThis looks AMAZING! Just amazing! I've always wanted to do a sleigh ride! :)
ReplyDeleteSorry for the random comment... I found you from Andrea's blog and started blog stalking :) lol. Had to chime in here. It looks so winter wonderlandy...