Monday, May 5, 2014

May Flowers.....

"April Showers brings May Flowers" but just not here lol ;)
We have had one of the craziest up and down winters and now springs.  We have enjoyed some gorgeous days which sadly seem to be followed by freezing cold and snowy (or close to snowy) days.

Regardless I can hardly keep my kids inside these days.  This kid in particular loves to be out, riding his scooter, playing with neighbors and just running around!
 We had some serious rain last week.  I love me some rain and how fast it turns the blah brown to beautiful green.  Living in the construction zone seems to turn it more into mud then green however ;)

 The view out our backyard suddenly became "water front" living
 We made Jello to add some sunshine to our day!
 And amidst all the freezing weather, JA had "beach day" at school ha!  Snow boots and a swim suit.
 My poor little baby got crazy sick later that night.  We are now on a quest to figure out the root of his respiratory problems that seem to plague him over and over (aside from germs)
 We had a very low key weekend of sickness, sleep deprivation, walk in clinic visit and pancakes

 BUT the sun came out the end of the weekend and spoiled us with some serious heat for a few days, as did some new cute shoes!
 My friend brought over this adorable whale to add to my beach decor.  Love having a friend that is so amazing at interior decor and organization.
 We played at the school park (WR is way over dressed due to being sick)
 We have now added probiotics to our daily regime in hopes of boosting our immunity.  I'll let you know what happens but I am feeling optomistic!
 Early last week it was hot (24 degrees!!!).  As soon as school got out my parents stopped by, we packed up the kids, grabbed slurpees and headed to the beach.  I asked JA if he wanted to get a Slurpee and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I actually had to google it to show him what they look like to convince him that he did actually want one lol!  Clearly that is a sign of a winter that has gone on too long.
 We had an absolute blast playing with friends, running around the beach and digging in the sand while dreaming of summer!
 This little turkey saw his opportunity and ran straight into the lake after some serious digging.  Take note that the lake was still frozen!!!  I opted for a parent fail and let him stand in the cold water for a few mins before pulling him out.
 We seriously can't wait for summer beach days.  We hit up Costco and bought a new umbrella, beach mats and beach chairs :) 
We enjoyed an additional day of heat before the cold settled in again, sigh.
I went for a run with my girlfriend with flurries just blasting us in the face this weekend.  Here's to hoping that was the last of the cold before spring decides to stay!

1 comment:

  1. boots and swim gear. Lol. Love this post. High five for Canadian spring!

    ReplyDelete