Sunday, July 6, 2014

Birthday Boys!

July is our busy birthday month.  T's birthday is July 10 and WR is July 18th.  With our extended family getting larger and larger we narrowed down yesterday as a day that everyone was in town and decided to celebrate.  WR has been in love with minions all year......pretty sure they speak the same crazy language.  It was a no brainer to throw a minion themed party.  It was too fun watching his say "anana" (banana) all day long.
 
I love a little party and couldn't resist a few decorations for my boys.  I decided to scale back my cake plans (or so I thought) and make an old fashioned Chocolate Cake from OBB (turns out it took forever although it tasted amazing)
 
 Instead of goodie bags for the cousins I thought a candy bar and some bubbles were a better option (the adults enjoyed it too)
 The drinks
 Talk about one happy birthday boy
 A few more decorations
 Melt.  This kid hates having his pic taken but when I pull out my large camera he is full of poses!
 Life size minion
 We saw this LARGE yellow balloon at the party store a month ago and it was love at first sight for WR so I knew we had to grab one!  Pretty sure he would have taken flight with another one in hand.
 These boys make me laugh.  We don't have video games here so the moment the boys walk in the door with Ipads and Grandma with a couple more it is Minecraft time.
 Spoiled with gifts!  T got some great things too ;)
 This guy was such a big boy and insisted on sitting at the kids table.
 
Sisters (The kids big cousins)

 T's brothers, sister and mom
 First one to fill a bag of candy ;)
 Cake time.  This guy had his hand in the icing before the candles were even lit!
 Blowing out the candles together
 Sure do love these guys!
 Mmmmmm cake
 My littlest minion
 To say this guy was pleased with his bike would be an understatement.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
 The night was topped off with bubbles and then mud making (ugh)......wouldn't be a party without a ton of mud lol.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun -- as usual. You throw an awesome party!

    ReplyDelete