Friday, October 10, 2014

Frozen Party

I still have tons of blogging to catch up on BUT birthday parties are just more fun ;)  AL has been requesting a Frozen party all year long.  I was seriously hoping she would change her mind because I don't love themes that are so specific, let alone so hard to find merchandise for (I'm more of a generic "horse" or "cat" theme).  Being a nice mom I totally hoped on board.  I used lots of snowflakes along with a $6 book of a dozen Frozen posters and I was set.
A couple months ago I chatted with a friend out East who had done a frozen party for her daughter; she sent me a pinterest link with this adorable borthday invite idea.  The girls were so excited when we delivered these to them a couple weeks ago.
 
JA helped me make some cute little mason jars with rocks and jewels and snowflakes.
 
 I lucked out with my sweet friend helping me cut out snowflakes and circles on her silhouette, I glued on jewels on the centers and crepe paper hanging on the back. I hung up some white lights for fun too.
 


 There were Frozen pics all over the house and in most of the frames.

 AL was pretty excited for her big party!
 My sister sent me a fun Pinterest link with this idea (corn syrup and sprinkles) and it turned out so cute


 As the kids arrived I had coloring sheets out, markers and jewel stickers


 WR was right in on all the action (yikes).  All these little girls just love him and he was mothered to death tonight lol
 After all the kids arrived we headed to the backyard for some games (hello 20C in October!!!)
We spilt into two teams and they made their own snowman!

 Next we played a snowball toss game
 As it turned out this was a bit too far of a distance with the breeze
 This was much better!
 Lastly we saw if they could pop their snowballs.  I couldn't believe how these girls had zero fear
 Pizza arrived and we had dinner!
 After dinner we set out on a scavenger hunt in search of these prizes.  We ordered t-shirts for all the girls from China (aliexpress.com) in lieu of goodie bags.  The shirt quality was a bit disappointing for the price and compared to the pic but I was still happy to go this route opposed to a bag of trinkets and treats.
 The clues were all lyrics from the songs from the movie.  Ie. "Love is an open _______" (door)  etc
The final prize was hidden with the plates ("Who knew we owned 8000 __________"
 A dozen clues were hidden around the house (Msg me if you want the clues I made up) and the girls amazed me with how well they knew every line of every song!

 Next up we made "warm hug" wheat bags

 I sewed up the bags prior to the party and the kids filled them up with wheat.  This was messy!!!  My Dad commented I was brave to attempt this and then I turned around and saw what he was referring to; WR was attempting a bag by scooping the wheat with a funnel........um opps. But they loved it.
 My mom helped sew the bags shut.  A huge thanks to her.

 I love making cakes for my kids.  AL thinks I possess mad cake skills but I don't.  We finally picked out a cake on pinterest that I thought I could attempt but last week I got hit hard with the worst sinus infection and realized an icecream cake would make my to-do list so much smaller.  The best decision!

 After cake we played a trivia punch game.  Years ago I did a punch board for JA's party and AL has wanted one ever since.  I found a few online Frozen trivia games and the kids each got a couple turns to come up and answer a question and then punch a circle to get their treat. 
 Lastly AL was spoiled with presents.  I can never get over how generous her friends are.  Thank you thank you.
Such a fun party.  I love having a day a year to just go overboard and spoil my kids.  We sure do love you AL.

Some people truly are worth melting for ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I want to come to this party!!!!!! Also, punch boards are my FAVE from price is right! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. What an awesome party. I've been so lazy with parties for a few years now. I need to get back on board. Birthdays are for spoiling - I agree.

    ReplyDelete