Friday, January 30, 2015

January Smiles

 
I got several opportunities this month to test out my new sewing machine I got for Christmas.  For our monthly craft night we decided to do a sewing project which forced me to get comfy with my new toy.  My Mom came over and we worked through a tutorial we planned to use for this adorable tote bag.  It turned out so cute, the perfect bag for church books/children entertainment etc. This one found a home with my sister.
For years I have wanted to make my kids Valentine Envelopes and I finally did it.  The plan is to hang them up Feb.1st and leave lots of notes of love and a few trinkets throughout the month in them.  I'm hoping they will get excited about putting notes in each others too.  I found a few tutorials online and just combined a few ideas into this.

One for each kid
And a little extra personalization inside the flap
I wanted to get extra comfy with the tote bags so I could give a bit of assistance on craft night so I made one more.  I was extra happy it turned out and I hadn't had my mom's help this time lol
Craft night was so fun and the bags were so super cute!
Beautiful sunrises put lots of extra smiles on my face this month.  The extra dark January mornings have made getting out of bed a little less fun.
The weather this month has been unreal!  Glorious spring time in January. Literal sunshine in my soul. We got the Christmas lights down.
And we fully embraced the 8-12C temps by firing up the BBQ.  Seriously nothing smelled better in the winter.
And the sights of green grass everywhere was pretty sweet too for a few weeks.
I've decided to tackle making a baby quilt out of scrap fabric after seeing a cute idea on pinterest.  I cut up squares and got to laying it out with input from some super talented friends (thanks friends), I'm just waiting for a few new fabrics to arrive in the mail to make it all work.  So fun to have a project.
I may have also love some impressive down pours of rain! (except for the freezing kind of course)
And this girl in her matching PJ's thanks to Grandma was pretty darn sweet too.
Lots to smile about in January.

1 comment:

  1. I love how much our joys overlap. Yay for spring in winter! And I love those Vday bags even more!!! Look at you go all sewing fashionista.

    ReplyDelete