Monday, March 23, 2015

Hello Spring

This past week was a short one but a busy one!  We love weeks that involve a PD day (some how makes getting up easier all week when you know you can sleep in on Friday ;)
 
The boys kept plenty busy popping and hopping on this bubble wrap
 And supervising while baking a cake
 Tuesday was St.Patty's Day.  I typically put a little more effort into it all but I got to spend the afternoon getting a little dental work done (which was probably the most pleasant appt of that nature I have had before - hello chair massage while work is being done).  The kids sported a bit of green and I made Jello for dessert, everyone was happy!

 And we soaked in some of that amazing spring sunshine!
 Hard to believe it, but on Wednesday we played baseball for Cubs.  It couldn't have been more perfect.  Great weather and seriously so much fun!
 On Thursday I got in some sweet snuggles with my baby post nap.  Love those rosey cheeks and love moments like this, makes me want to freeze time.
 And before long my snuggly baby was flying out the door to be one of the big kids ;)
 Friday morning we woke up to a few inches of the white stuff which made staying home that much sweeter. Real Spring had finally arrived!  AL was sleeping over at Grandma's house so the boys and I set out on a mission to ignore the weather and buy a trampoline lol.  We then spent the afternoon playing in the snow with the neighbors.
 Friday night we headed to church for our wards first ever carnival and dance.  I wasn't sure what to expect but was blown away with how awesome it was.  So many fun games for the kids to earn tickets at and then cotton candy, candy bags, popcorn and drinks to cash their tickets in at.  We had an absolute blast.  T ran our game station (a remake of the snowball toss from AL's Frozen party) and I cruised around with the kids.  WR could have stayed in this bubble pool all night long!
 JA loved all the awesome shooting games
 And AL was the Plinko master by the end of the night.  The night was topped off with a crazy fun dance!  Everyone crashed the moment we got home.
 We spent Saturday cheering AL and her team on for 3 hrs of Bball games.  It was so fun to watch!  They had 10 courts of games going on at once and they all got medals at the end (score doesn't really matter at this tournament but as a side note they tied the first game and won the last 2 games), they were a really good little team.  AL absolutely loved it and can't wait to play next year.

 We are so proud of our girl and the huge progress she made this year.
 Sunday we woke up to a HUGE wet, heavy, deep snowfall and T and I set out with WR to shovel mailboxes after church.  It went quick enough (just over 2 1/2 hrs) but oh man I am more sore today then with any other time out.  Hopefully it is the last for this year!
We were spoiled with dinner at my mom's house after.  I had fun spying on these two laughing hard with each other.  AL sure loves her Dad.  I love that he is still the funniest guy she knows.
 And a few nose kisses!
 Today the boys and I embraced the weather and played in all the white stuff.  I had to laugh at this one.  WR kept kissing his snowman and hugging it, not long after JA gave him a makeover ha.
We surely loved fake spring and all its heat while it lasted.  Here's to hoping it reappears soon!

3 comments:

  1. Where are you going to a dentist with a chair massage? We need to switch ours up to somewhere closer to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jello idea. Must remember that for an easy fun holiday treat! I saw AL win Plinko. She was awesome!

    ReplyDelete