Here is a look at what has been keeping us busy this month.
AL has been playing basketball every Monday night since September. We some how got in the habit of T taking AL each week and getting in a little study time during practise. I finally joined her a couple weeks ago for the first time this year. It was so fun to watch her. She is the tiniest one out there. She isn't a natural baller but she sure has come a very long way from where she was at just months ago. She is already making plans to play next year so I will take that as a good sign.
This boy has a way of keeping me hopping but he also manages to charm his way to my heart with his cuteness. I found both boys enjoying a little tea party one afternoon. One of those moments you just want to freeze time and tell them to stop growing so fast.
I had the pleasure of hitting the school with JA and AL for their student led conferences. I absolutely loved every minute of them showing me around their class and telling me about everything they have been learning. JA wanted to show me his spot on the carpet and exactly how he looks when he sits on it!
AL had fun showing us the mystery liquids they have been working on in Science. JA was super fascinated with this too.
And she played us a little tune!
Both kids teachers had nothing but nice things to say about them which always makes for an extra wonderful visit!
Our sweet friends had a couple extra hockey tickets that they gave to us. JA and T headed out on a little date and had a blast. JA has been giving us a run for our money so some one on one time was just perfect timing.
The next day we headed over to the school field for the Snowflake Festival. It was absolutely gorgeous out and we had so much fun. I am always blown away with how well done these community events always are. There were sleigh rides, kick sleds, bonfires and marshmallow roasting, snow painting, treats and hot chocolate and then inside the school there was face painting, tattoos, games, balloons, etc etc
JA is loving his orange "batman" glitter tattoo (two of his loves combined)
I ended up leaving T and the kids there after an hour and running to the church to do some training on nursery during stake conference. A month or so earlier I was asked to teach this hour long class. I spent a ton of time getting it all prepped and think I was able to share a bunch of ideas that people really appreciated and could incorporate. I'm not currently in the nursery at church but have spent a good 4-5 yrs in there so have lots of fun ideas. It was so much work prepping all the ideas I wanted to share but really so much fun, and extra fun that I could donate all of it to our nursery to use. Here is a pic of just a few.
WR is BUSY and the poor kid must have sprained his ankle while I was at church. When I got home I rushed him out grocery shopping and he kept complaining about his leg but I just thought it was that he wasn't comfy in the shopping cart (opps). The next morning when he would only crawl I clued in ;) We lucked out with a super fast Dr visit. He hobbled for several days but it barely slowed him down.
The spring weather continued and the snow started melting at rapid pace. The kids loved time at the park including getting soaked in the giant puddles.
I have been trying to make a huge effort to limit any and all screen time for JA so we are getting a bit more creative with our play time. Some times he just needs an invitation to let his imagination out to play. We've raced cars around.
We've raced a ton of boats in our own personal river!
The kids and the neighbors have spent days constructing boats out of recycling and racing them down the street. I love seeing how creative they are!
I was in charge of Cubs this week and we kept busy making salt crystals and then set to work making marshmallow catapults. They seriously loved this. One kid managed to hit me square in the camera lol. I think I may just have to try it one day with my own kids too.
WR and I continue to love our weekly story time at the beach house. We were extra excited to see the sand for the first time in months! Hooray for gorgeous weather. And no spring is complete with out my favorite flowers.
We got to babysit our neighbors adorable little guy one afternoon (his mom is due with #2). WR seriously loves his little buddy. I'm so glad all my kids have friends on our street.
AL is turning into a total book worm. She reads non stop and I often find her bed looking like this in the morning. It is such a battle to get her to put her books down and sleep at night. I love that she loves to read.
We had our last swim lessons this past weekend and the kids made some great progress. AL has developed a real fear of the deep end of the pool this year and so I was so proud of her jumping off the diving board without a life jacket! A huge deal. I'm excited to get back to swimming in the lake all summer to boast abilities even further before our next session of lessons.
Who doesn't love temps in the 14-18C range in March :) My kids have been living outside.

On Saturday night we got to escape the kids and go on a double date with my bestie and her hubby. We headed downtown to watch the Redbull Crashed Ice competition. T has been watching the track construction over the last month with excitement, that thing is huge! We had so much fun watching these absolutely crazy racers. Seriously, who in their right mind straps on skates and flies down an ice hill doing tricks and jumps the entire way down?!?!
Most of my pics of the races were blurry cause they were seriously just too fast for a phone camera. This pic isn't great but it gives a good idea of the size of the track (that huge track of light heading down to the river)
And one last pic to end this post with of Miss A looking so grown up before church yesterday. She gave a talk in primary and wrote the entire thing herself. Her Mom and Dad are sure proud of her and the sweet girl she is.
March has been busy but oh man we are just loving our first tastes of spring; bikes are out, BBQ is in regular use and we are loving our vitamin D therapy.




























No comments:
Post a Comment