A few of the highlights:
I put out a search on FB for raspberries and man did I get hooked up. A sweet friend picked some for me along with Rhubarb I chopped up and froze for later.
My jam making partner came over and we cranked out two batches!
We had JA's buddy for the day and had a blast at the park and a little water fun after
Love days that go so smoothly because kids are too busy having fun to fight
We headed to the food festival with Daddy. He had a private work event in a catered tent so he popped in there here and there and then came and played with us. We had a blast eating yummy food.
Another sweet friend invited us to her in laws acerage to pick berries
I earned some mega mom points after berry picking when I caught this slippery frog over and over ;)
We then met up with my mom for lunch out near the acerage. The boys are in love with eating lunch on this old train while watching the trains go by on the track across the yard!
And if we hadn't picked enough another friend asked we pick while she was out of town so AL joined me insisting the morning picking hadn't done her in. We had the best visit.
One of my favorite events at the lake is a residents appreciation BBQ put on by a local restaurant. It never disappoints and it is always so quiet. Love that too. Good food, friends and no crowds!
Our kids have been hesitant about trying the paddle boards so after we ate Grandma and Grandpa took WR in a boat and T and I took the big kids on the boards. JA had finally been brave enough to go board the night before and loved it so his excitement was contagious for his sister. When AL first got out she gave it a 2/10 she was so nervous. By the end she was jumping off, confident and declaring it to be the best. WR managed to climb out of my parents boat and joined us girls. We made it all the way across the lake with some serious balance ;)
After we ditched WR on the dock AL gave paddling a go and loved it. My Dad took a blurry pic of her success!
We have been enjoying some delicious meals from the garden!
We set out on a river valley park trip and realized the park was doing an outdoor concert that was packed so at the last min ventured on a trail ride. I can't believe these guys lasted 4 km, especially WR on his car!
They loved this park we stopped at!
WR loved watching the trains ride over our heads on the bridge above. He finally sat down about a 1/2 km from the van and refused to go further ;)
With all that berry picking I set to work and made a couple more batches of jam.
We took a trip to the Humane Society and had so much fun snuggling cats and dogs. Good thing the place was full of full grown cats to remind me that they don't stay small for long!
This guy found a cozy spot one evening to chill
I got a kick out of these guys all plugged in, good thing it doesn't happen too often
This sweet girl came over and I taught her how to make jam with one of my pails of berries. Fun to share the yumminess!
And lastly I spied my first sweet pea in bloom today (the smell is hard to beat and always reminds me of my Granny)
And much to my disbelief my grapes are actually growing!
I'm excited to see what August has in store for us!





































Must be pretty dry and hot for those grapes to grow. Wow. I grew up with grape vines all over my backyard fences. Such a beautiful privacy fence :) way to go on the jam! Razz is my fave. I can't believe all those berries you picked! Amazing. And all free! Best part lol.
ReplyDeleteOh. And that train place? We'd love that. So neat!
ReplyDelete