We had been planning this summer getaway for a good 6 months so to say we were excited to finally get rolling was an understatement! The kids were pretty excited about all the new places they would discover after talking about it so long. I was beyond excited to show them where I grew up, the place I truly love. We armed our new van with 3 DVD players, a handful of other electronics (all novelties for these kids who rarely get to touch them) and some other goodies. T's amazing coworker loves to spoil our kids and days before we left she showed up with the sweetest gesture. She had wrapped 16 little items (treat, toys, crafts, etc) for each kid to open every hr or so as we traveled and then she really blew me away and had done the same amount for the trip home. Unreal. I could have kissed her! The kids loved it. We honestly only got through the first 16 each over our 2 weeks so the kids are excited to open the rest on our next trip.
We left on the long weekend and traffic was smooth sailing until we hit some intense holiday traffic leading to the mountains and crawled for a good hr. We made a quick stop in Canmore for lunch and then carried on until we hit the Okanagan and stopped at our favorite dairy. When we left home we had been having low 20 temps. We stepped out of the van to 39C and almost melted into the pavement! The icecream really hit the spot.
This icecream is so rich and creamy! We had fun waiting in the long line up with our friends from church who were also headed to the same destination after I raved about it a month earlier.We had fun petting the baby cows. So cute!
It was the perfect stop to stretch our legs before we hit our final destination!
This was our first trip with headphones for the DVDs etc and we were in love with the silence :)
My scenery deprived soul just soaked in all the beauty as we drove.
We finally hit Kelowna and spent the next two nights with my Granny (she turns 90 this weekend). It was so good to spend time with her and have the kids make some memories with her. Elevator in her condo was a bit of a highlight for the kids lol. We went out for dinner after we arrived and then settled down for the night.




Nice work with the headphones. I was contemplating breaking them out the other day. Still new with the van and I don't want them broken....
ReplyDelete