Friday, July 3, 2015

June Highlights

June flew by at crazy rapid pace!!!  I blinked and it was over.  Here are some highlights:
 
A dinner and bike ride date with my Bestie to celebrate a month of healthy and 9 lbs lost.
 The official start of summer beach time!  These guys love to try to catch the waves off the speed boat.
 Smores on the BBQ

 Building bird houses
 First spin out on the paddle boats
 My favorite mode of beach travel - bike and trailer, boogie boards and beach chair
 Quiet beach days with the boys before school is out
 Soaking wet after family picture session!
 J's launch party of his book "Special Me"!  I was so impressed with his reading.  He even read it to the school name sake that they all really love to have visit.
 In amidst of all the fun our hearts hurt for our police family.  I was amazed at how often tears welled up (and honestly still do) each time I saw the beyond thousands of blue ribbons and hearts pasted all over the city as a silent gesture of love.  Too close to home. 
 It only seemed appropriate to pay our respects for this fallen hero.
 To show our love for those who mourn.


The last week of school we were literally at the school every single day taking part in celebrations and activities.  I was so proud of all that my children accomplished this year and filled with even more gratitude for their teachers.  AL's class did a launch for their boats they designed from recyclable materials!

 I had a blast one afternoon taking AL's group around for Track and Fun Day (and then I pretty much melted into a puddle after from the heat)


 
 My heart burst with pride watching the end of the year assembly and Kindergarten celebration.  JA and his classmates sang a few adorable songs and showed a very sweet slide show of pics from the year followed by a family picnic and games.
 LOVE these ladies
 The next day it was official and is now a Grade One boy! (note Full House behind him, their new fave show)
 AL's last day was spent with all the grade 2 kids at the beach.  T was off so that made it extra fun to join in.  Her class had a party with yummy treats and inspired by my creative friend and Cub partner I whipped up some rice krispies with sprinkles and worms (my new go to school snack)!
 Officially Grade 3 girls!
 AL's teacher sent her home the sweetest card.
 And Nala celebrated the end of the year by getting in touch with her inner rock star!  Totally worth the money, I still laugh every time I see her.
 And then we kicked off summer with two nights of backyard campouts

And we took up residence at our favorite spot for the next month anyway!
 

Bring on Summer holidays and no schedules or lunches to pack :) :) :) :)

1 comment: