Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Summer Road Trip - Day 4

 I am pretty sure I couldn't stop staring out our balcony every spare moment we were in our room!  Love that view.  The kids loved sleeping in the livingroom and T and I loved having a bedroom in the back; space for all.

Top on the kids to do list was to visit Coomb "Goats on the Roof" after their Mom filled their minds with the excitement of it for months in advance.  I actually held back all allowance or $ from jobs earned for the months leading up to our trip so the kids would have a good tab to spend on our trip.  The kids were instantly sucked into all the imported cheap junk ;)
 
 You don't even want to know how many of these gorgeous necklaces made it home with us by the end of the week!
 This was a favorite place for the boys to hang out

 We even ran into our friends that we had icecream with on the way down to the island.  Extra fun!



 After some lunch we headed out to really explore the beach.  At low tide you can walk for what feels like forever along the sand.  The kids loved it.



 JA had a serious crab collection before we were done.  He loved discovering the tiny crabs scurrying around and digging out the clams in the sand.  He was however a little grossed out to discover the slimy clams in the shells were the same thing that makes it into the soup he loves ;)
 I loved watching them explore.  So many of my summers as a child were spent in this exact spot, loving the same things.

 AL gave boogie boarding a good go on the waves which was so fun; well until she got her first taste of salt water!

 I couldn't have been happier.  I don't know how to describe it but my soul was just smiling.  Something about the sound of the waves, the mountain peaks in the distance and blue as far as the eye could see if just so peaceful.
 We started noticing skim boarders in all the low pools of water and we were intrigued!  We asked some locals where to get a board from and I set off with the big kids on a walk to town to buy one.
I think the locals made it look a bit easier then it is but we sure had a great time giving it a go.

 As the day came to a close we headed down the board walk to the huge playground that the kids were so in love with after a little time at the swings at our place. Watching the sunset as we walked back each night from their never got old.




1 comment: