Monday, August 31, 2015

Summer Road Trip - Day 7

Tofino had been one very long and late day for the kids so this morning was a little rough for everyone I think! We all threw on our new t-shirts we had picked up in Tofino and strolled along the beach over to the park. 


After a while we packed up and drove the 30 mins to Cathedral Grove to check out the stunning old growth forest.  The trees are 300-800 years old.  We used to always stop here as kids.  My own kids were still a bit grouchy and took a bit of convincing to really enjoy this experience, but once they realized they could climb in the trees they were ready to live there!


 These roots just blew me away.  I realized I've been stuck on the prairies for far far too long.
The smell was just so fresh


 I love seeing these little trees practically growing out of this huge one




JA was certain this looked just like a mosquito!
 We then drove just down the street to take a dip in Cameron Lake.  It was so gorgeous and clear.  The water was really shallow and sandy in the swim area making it nice and warm!
 This dude came into the water showing me that he has played "cookie monster" with a bag of cheesies which was pretty evident by his face ;)

 This was a first for the kids and something I always loved as a kid, playing on the fallen trees in the lakes.
After our trip I look a little walk into town to grab something and came back to find this sweaty mess!  He crashed hard almost every afternoon on our trip.
Another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment