Thursday, September 10, 2015

Granny's 90th - Part1

 Not even two weeks after returning we packed back up and headed back to BC!  Yahoo.  My parents and siblings left wednesday and we got on the road thursday just after lunch.  We hit our swim lessons and T had a half day of work and then we left.  Our kids are amazing.  We made it in 8.5 hrs and only one stop.
We managed to snag a fabulous deal on a hotel and the kids were so excited to swim as much as they could.  The forecast for the entire weekend looked rainy and miserable so we were happy to have the pool.  After 2 weeks of lessons we had a couple little fish on our hands!
 We spent Friday morning at Davison Orchards.  An absolute must stop if you ever go out this way!
 The kids loved the petting zoo

 This family run orchard in just so enchanting and the family story behind it is amazing.
We took a ride on the apple crate train
 And the driver let WR man the wheel before we took off!
 The smell of all the fruit as we toured the orchards was heavenly.  The pumpkins are enormous and the tomatoes, peppers and plums looked mouth watering!
There are play areas all over the place.  I loved that this was just off the patio of the cafe
 I can't believe I didn't take a pic but we had one of the most amazing meals of my life for lunch. The taste of the tomatoes and peppers in the sandwich were incredible, the peach pie and apple pie were unreal and the hand pressed apple juice was the best I've ever tasted. Mmmmm now I kind of want to drive back just for lunch tomorrow ;)


 After some play time the clouds really started to part (as much as they can with the smoke) so we headed to my uncles oasis and played for the rest of the day!
WR resumed his position in his favorite place
 JA and his cousin spent the entire weekend paddling around in floaties with shovels!
I even managed to convince WR to join me for a bit
 My uncles youngest daughter, her husband and 1 yr old were there as well and it was so fun to catch up while we played.  This pic captures the day!
 I'm not going to lie, the fun of the sea doo hadn't died down at all.  So fun for this Mom!

 T was in his happy place

 My uncle is seriously one of the funniest people I know.  The kids loved all his funny accents, jokes and antics!
 WR sure liked the "baby"!
 Poor JA managed to get a wasp bite right in his arm pit as he was playing catch (a first for any of my kids).  He was so brave but he was hurting.  My aunt whipped him up a homemade meat tenderizer (cider vinegar, soya sauce etc) and I bet within 20 mins he was back to his happy self! 
 We ordered in pizza and played until the sun went down on this gorgeous place!
Oh so worth the drive and the whirlwind trip

1 comment:

  1. I love summer vacations! So thanks for letting me live through yours this year :) I'm curious about the wasp remedy...

    ReplyDelete