Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Oh Stress

I've taken FB off my phone. (There are only so many judgemental posts about politics, religion and community a girl can handle)
Anyway, life is much sweeter, anxiety much less, time more plentiful.
But there is a decision (that is completely out of my hands) causing some serious stress. Our school is FULL. Like 2 classes residing in the auxillary gym full. I taught there last week and gym class was 3 classes of gr 2s at one time which is pure madness. The site cannot take one more portable classroom. So one full yr after the last drastic boundary changes that took hundreds of kids from the school we are at it again (shameful).  I was at a pretty long and tense meeting last night getting input from the community.  There are 4 options but 3 of those options will remove kindergarten and gr 1 from the building and bus them to a location far away. So likely I will have WR bussing to a different school when he starts kindergarten.  Talk about tearing families in 2 different directions. My big kids would be home just after 3pm walking and WR would show up on a bus after 4pm? And how is a parent supposed to get a kid to the bus and see other kids off to another location all at the same time??? STRESS.
Pray for a miracle because right now this seems hopeless. I can see the school from my house and it breaks my heart at the thought of sending WR to a place I purposely chose not to live.
We should have the final decision in January.  I hate big things that have such a huge impact on your life but are completely out of your hands.
Maybe I need to pray I get a teaching job at an amazing school and can just take WR with me ?!?!

2 comments:

  1. That school issue is a big deal! Oh oh oh. Makes my heart heavy for you. And I totally understand the idea of saying no and having to mentally regroup. You're not alone! 💗💜

    ReplyDelete