Sunday, March 13, 2016

Mexico - Day 2

 Waking up in Paradise was a good feeling.  Love the heat of the morning along with the sounds of the birds off our balcony!  We got dressed in our beach attire and headed out to one of the pool side buffets to enjoy our breakfast.  First thing we saw was some palm tree trimming.  We were impressed the entire week with how hard the staff works to keep the place looking gorgeous.  That and how friendly they all are, you couldn't walk be a single staff member without hearing a warm "Hola!".  (Now that we are home I'm realizing just how cold and unfriendly we are here up north)
 The highlight of the morning walks to the beach were all the iguanas we passed out sunning themselves.  Some of them were enormous!

 This buffet was our favorite breakfast spot.  Can't beat a pool view and an omlete made just to your liking.

 The beach during the light of day truly took my breath away.  I couldn't get over the shades of blue and turquoise and how they constantly changed as the clouds rolled over.


 The kids had so much fun playing in the water and sand.  I was loving it all with a Miami Vice drink in hand (half strawberry margarita, half pina coloda).
 This little Miss was so excited to buy her first of many items from the ladies who walked the beach selling them all day.






 The kids loved getting tossed around in the surf (I think we all had swim suits full of sand from this lol)




 All day long I kept feeling like I needed to pinch myself to believe this was real.  Like walking into a postcard.
 For lunch we grabbed burgers and fries, and the most amazing tortillas, fresh salsa and guacamole (pretty sure I ate my weight in it over the week) from the grill at the beach.  So nice not having to go anywhere to get lunch!


 The kids finally convinced us to let them get in some pool time and so we spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool swimming around!  Al's favorite place was by far the pool with a little drink service.
 We did take a little swim break to find the 50's style ice cream diner which became a daily stop (sometimes twice daily).  Mmmmm coconut icecream, banana splits and lime sorbet.  The atmosphere was so adorable.

By the end of the very sunny day we realized just how intense the sun is near the equator let alone just the reflection off the water.  The kids all got burned pretty good on the 1 cm directly under their eye lashes.  I learned my mom lesson to be sure to lotion our spf 60 right up to the lashes....opps.  We hit a delicious buffet for dinner, then checked out the mini kids disco that was going on and then relaxed under the stars in a cabana hut just enjoying the cooler temps but still that warm muggy air.

1 comment: