Grandma grabbed the boys some shades to protect their burnt eyes from a vendor walking the beach. Adorable.
We decided to rent a jetski and take it for a ride. First I had to be sure to ask the rental guys if there were sharks in the water lol They assured me they only see sharks in this area in November when the water is cooler, but I'm half certain that was just a line they tell tourists like me ;) Regardless so fun crashing through the waves. JA joined us for the first 15 mins and then wanted off after being sandwiched between his parents.
It was amazing how shallow the water really was so far from the shore. We had a great time seeing the neighboring resorts from the sea and watching the parasailers take flight.
I loved this pool by our room. There were several others filled with activities and swim up bars so this one stayed pretty quite. Perfect for splashing around with our little fish. I will admit it was a bit bulky bringing life jackets with us but they were the best. The pools all had sections over all of the kids heads so it was so nice to just sit back and relax and let them swim off a bit as the pools just connected with the next pool !
It finally started to rain which gave us a chance to go hit up the ice cream shop!
The boys enjoyed a few relaxing ipad moments in the rain while the girls poked around the shops in the lobby.
I must admit that I loved the chance to dress up for our a la carte dinners.
On this particular evening it was Mexican night at the resort. The main square was transformed into a market of vendors to browse after dinner. So fun to be able to shop and barter and not even have to leave the resort.
We loved every bite of the a la carte restaurants. The service was always fabulous too. I loved that the moment you sat down they took the kids orders and brought their food out way faster than ours. Way better than eating course by course and waiting with kids. This particular night we were actually at the Mexican one. It was so delicious.
After dinner the kids had some name bracelets made just for them.
We then went to the theater for the pinata. AL was the only kid brave enough to join in the fun. I don't have many pics because I took a video instead but the kids all got turns swinging at the moving pinata as a spanish song was sung.
The staff are so amazing and bubbly with the kids and very fluent in English, Spanish and French.
We then strolled back to our room enjoying the statutes that light that path. This monkey was right by our room.
A bit out of order but in the afternoon rainy time, T and JA decided to go exploring to see if they could find the alligator they heard might be living at the resort and sure enough they found it! Yikes. Glad it lived off the beaten path.
























Freaky!!! Ack! Love everything else though. Are the iguanas friendly? Or no touchy?
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't touch the iguanas personally but they never seemed aggressive. They are adorable to watch when they run!
ReplyDelete