The next day of Spring Break we headed downtown to visit Daddy at work. He's been at his new job half a year now and I still hadn't been to visit! I love how downtown is like entering a new world and just so exciting for the kids, everything from the parkade to the huge buildings. I always love to see how many smiles the kids get their direction (kids are few and far between in that concrete jungle)
After terrorizing his office we headed our to eat lunch. We lucked out and hit that yummy chicken place before the line up was a mile long (think Soup Nazi from Sienfeld......the lady there is hilarious and basically tells you what you want to eat)
Since we got an early start on lunch T humored me and joined us for a trip to the mall downtown. I managed to find a gorgeous down parka for next winter, on clearance. Score. Love easy shopping while Dad keeps the kids busy!
After we said goodbye we had to make a quick stop at the toy store for the kids to spend some of their hard earned money. AL cracks me up and can't make a decision in this place to save her life.....she sees treasures and I see clutter ;)
After we got home AL packed up her bag for a sleepover at Grandma's. I just had to capture WR's face when he saw Grandma come in. He sure does love her!
The next day the boys and I kept busy getting dinner in the crockpot, baking great granny's scones and wrapping a gift for the neighbors birthday.
The boys were literally dripping with sweat they played so hard!
AL came home with the cutest pic from the neighbor's fiesta.
Lots of fun packed into a couple days!











Way to make the best of days at home. I thought you just got a winter coat? Or have that many years passed already? Crazy.
ReplyDeleteLast one J was a baby. My coat is falling apart!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun! Love the lunch lady Nazi reference!
ReplyDelete