Sunday, April 10, 2016

Outdoor Adventure

The Friday and Saturday of spring break had glorious forecasts (hello 19 and 22c!). I wanted to pack up the kids and head to the river for a stroll but knew we'd have much happier children if I told them we were headed out on an "adventure"! The day before I found an early signs of spring scavenger hunt checklist online. I hit the dollar store for nets, binoculars and magnifying glasses.
Poor JA was still feeling sick so stayed on Grandma's couch with a blanket and movie. T took the day off making it extra fun. We had an absolute fantastic time. We managed to find everything on our list with the exception of a rabbit. We found wood peckers among a handful of other birds, buds, squirrels, red, yellow, white, smooth and rough things and various tree species and seedlings. We loved seeing all the ice flows coming down from the mountains. WR keeps asking when we can go on our next adventure!
The next day we soaked in the glorious weather at the beach park and we were excited to see the ice melting (not even 5 days later it all melted. Something about seeing the fresh water makes me feel like I can breathe again!). We are in love with our early spring. Even soccer starts this week, almost a month early.

No comments:

Post a Comment