I come from a long line of amazing gardeners and I sure hope that some of those green thumbs will rub off on me! The past few years I have absolutely loved planting flowers and watching them grow. There is something about the incredibly short growing season we have here in the frozen north that makes me really have a need to be surrounded by living green things.
I have watched/helped my mom plant vegtable gardens at least a dozen times and I have for sure enjoyed the fruits of her labors. Today she came over and helped me plant a bunch of seeds in my new planter boxes and now I just need to sit back and hope they grow! (I'm pretty sure I even glanced at my garden this evening just to make sure nothing had sprouted yet)
I found it pretty relaxing working in the garden and I hope this becomes a new coping mechanism for me. As a side note; JA is sick with thrush and is not his happy self. After an hour of crying yesterday afternoon I packed up the kids and headed to Walmart to buy some much needed children's Motrin. When I got home and unpacked my bags I removed the following items from my bag: The much needed Motrin, A box of Chocolate Macaroons, a bag of Oreo cookies and milk. Hmmmmmmm.......I'm thinking I may need to find a different outlet for stress! The sad part is that when Thomas got home from work an hour later the majority of the Macaroons had been eaten (I sure felt a lot better though!)
Our next battle will be to get the rest of our fence up within the next few weeks so that my garden doesn't become an all you can eat salad bar for my neighborhood rabbits!
Chocolate ALWAYS makes things better and guilt definitely doesn't belong in the same sentence!! I hope James starts feeling better soon!!
ReplyDeleteI hope James feels better. And can't wait to see your garden grow :)
ReplyDelete