Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Short & Sweet

We just spent the last 4 days in southern Alberta with my parents. We were spoiled by the H family who let us stay in their wonderful cabin. It sat at the top of a hill overlooking the river. I have only ever been to southern Alberta for super quick trips for weddings so it was nice to see some of the sights.

View from the deck

After my last post I am sure you will all be happy to know that we made it there and back with out any sick kids (we did have some puke but that was do to hysterical screaming on my daughters part). After this trip we have come to the conclusion that AL does not do well away from her normal routine. She kept saying "I go home....all done" many times a day. She doesn't sleep well or travel well, etc. JA is super easy going and wasn't phased by the trip one bit. Despite AL's lack of sleep I was impressed with how well she held it together (but when she lost it she really lost it!)
Anyway, we had a great time. We packed a lot of outings into a short time. We managed to get to church in Magrath, spent time down at the river exploring, checked out the massive wind turbines, went to Waterton and saw the town and the Red Rock Canyon, toured the Cardston Carriage Museum complete with carriage ride and even did a bit of shopping too.

1 comment: