Wednesday, October 14, 2009

2 years old!

Seriously, where does the time go??? Our little girl officially turned 2 on Monday. I can hardly believe that 2 years has gone by so quickly. I can still remember the excitement I felt holding her in my arms for the first time.

AL has been such a blessing in my life. I still get excited to get her from her bed every morning; she is just such a little ray of sunshine. Becoming a mom has really been the best (and at times challenging) thing I have been fortunate enough to be blessed with. It took us several years and fertility treatments to have her so I try to make sure I don't take that miracle for granted. I love my little girl more than I could have imagined possible!
Since we had already celebrated AL's birthday a couple weeks early and our weekend was filled with Thanksgiving and nephews' baptisms and baby blessings we had a pretty low key birthday. I did make her some birthday pancakes which she was pretty excited about. I even gave her her first cup of hot chocolate complete with cool whip on top. She kept pointing to the cool whip and in a questioning manner say "potatoes?". Needless to say she barely touched it.....I guess drinking potatoes didn't appeal to her!

We then headed to Toys R Us to let her pick out a toy with money my Granny had sent her. It was pretty fun to watch her go up and down the aisles with so much excitement. She really really wanted a kitchen (she is getting one for Christmas so she will just have to wait) but she was still super happy with the pot and pan set and play food we bought.

JA was not as impressed with the trip........maybe it was being surrounded by dolls, dress up clothes and princess everything that left him less than thrilled in this part of the store! (He was more excited about sitting in the motorized quads and cars)

We spent the afternoon visiting with my Grandma G(my Dad's mom) who had flown in from Manitoba and had an amazing turkey dinner with the family, topped off with some delicious pumpkin pie. My camera was having some major technical difficulties (maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have taken over 3000 pics in the last 2 years) so no pics from that night until my sister sends me a few. It was a great thanksgiving weekend and birthday for my little princess.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Happy Birthday!!! She is sooo sweet :) I can't believe she's 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of your little guy strapped into the cart so tight! I love the candle in the pancake!

    ReplyDelete