We managed to convince Daddy to get off work a bit early on Friday and we headed out to the lake with the kids in the late afternoon. We had just the best time! The beach wasn't very busy so there was tons of room for the kids to run, make sand castles and chase birds.

The kids were pretty excited to try out their boat and could barely wait until it was blown up to climb in.




My sister and her family joined us a couple of hours later on route from visiting some family. My nephews hopped in the water the moment they arrived and my sister some how ended up holding a soggy pair of little boy underwear on the beach! (I told her this would make a great new profile pic on her FB)


We finished off the day by basically having the beach to ourselves and playing on the playground.

It was a perfect day!
********
Just as an update I have still been busy running. We just ran another 6.5km run on Saturday along with our shorter runs (4.8km and 3.5 km) during the week. The really exciting part is that we are rapidly increasing our speed and endurance. It is crazy to think that just a few short months ago I could barely run a few blocks without walking and now I can go 6.5 kms. This Saturday will get us up to 7.2kms.....exciting! One of these days I will be sure to take a pic of myself and my running buddies.
********
T was able to finally enjoy his Father's Day/Birthday present and got to spend this Saturday at the Indy car races. It sounds like he had a fantastic time. When I got home later in the day after getting new tires (dang screw on the road that gave me a flat tire)....anyway, I checked the messages on the phone to hear several messages with the roar of race cars. T wanted to make sure I heard how loud and fast the cars were!

********
What can I say, we are LOVING this summer weather!
How fun. I'm glad you are enjoying the sunshine because your winters are way too long. :)
ReplyDeleteGood Job on the running. It's amazing what you can do when you try, right?
That beach looks awesome!! Let me know where it is - we might have to try it sometime!
ReplyDeleteI REALLY want to run a 5k this fall. Do you know of any? I would even come up to Edmonton to do it...
ReplyDeleteLooks like life is treating all of you well! I love summer too!
AMEN! Its been too long waiting for this weather! Was that Michelon lake you were at? How was the water? Last year we went and the beach was beautiful but the water wasn't as great! It was later in August tho, maybe its nicer now! But the beach is just the best place for kids when its nice out!
ReplyDelete