I took JA to the Health Centre yesterday to get his 18 month immunizations. (He is actually almost 20 months but we were a bit behind schedule!) Anyway, my little guy is just that, LITTLE. He weighed in at 21 1/2 pounds (1/2 a pound heavier than in January) and 32 1/2 inches. That put him in the 3rd percentile for his age! They weren't too stressed about it though so that was good.
JA did well yesterday but he woke up in the middle of the night with a high fever and crying in pain. It just breaks my heart to see my children that way. After hooking him up with Advil and a blessing from his Daddy I spent the next hour with him in his room rocking him in the rocking chair as he whimpered and eventually fell back asleep.
As I was rocking him I was over whelmed with the thought to just enjoy this moment rocking my baby. It was a privilege to be there with him at that moment. They really grow up so fast and I was struck with the realization that there won't be that many more moments of rocking my "baby" to sleep.
As I rocked him the words to an old familiar Robert Munch book kept going through my mind;
"she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be. "
(Love You Forever by Robert Munsch)
I love those special moments when you're able to just sit and enjoy these cute little kiddies that mean everything. The time really does go by way too fast...so what's one fussy night with a little less sleep when you get to sit and rock them back to sleep and cuddle them and make them feel better. Maguire actually just had his 12 month shots and he's 21 lbs too!! haha!! He's in the 30th percentile for weight. Funny how kids can be all over the place in their growth. :)
ReplyDelete