When we got to the race I must admit that I was a bit overwhelmed by all the athletic looking people. I'm not sure what I had expected but I was pretty in awe of many of the runners. The race was a 5km and 10km all at once and it was a loop. Basically you ran 5km out and then turned around and ran back. It was unbelievable to see the elite runners that sprinted the whole thing. So inspiring!
I unfortunately was unable to locate my sister in law and her sisters before the race as they got there right before it started and with a good 1000 runners and walkers all lined up to race I couldn't find her. I was however soooooo thankful that my sweet husband had decided to run with me. He was such a great support. He stayed by my side the whole race (even though I know it killed him to be passes by some of the runners at the start) and he was an awesome voice of encouragement. We even sprinted across the finish line hand in hand (so fun).
I managed to run the 10km in 1 hour and 2 mins which was pretty amazing for me. The week before the ran we ran the 9km in 1 hour and 5 mins. The pace of the race was hard to keep up to but I am glad I pushed myself to do it! I placed right in the middle of my age group (age 20-29) which is pretty decent for being right at the 29 (old lady age) of the group!
We lucked out with perfect cool weather (17C) for running) and the smoke from all of the surrounding Forrest fires had cleared enough that we could still breath!
I can't wait for the next race!
I love T's face in this picture....he looks like he was just out for a stroll while I worked my buns off!

At least he looks like he ran a race in this one!

With my lovely sister in law (we didn't run together but we got the same time according to our electronic chips ) Note the smokey sky in the background.

Love this guy!
You are the greatest motivator! So glad you got me going!!
ReplyDeleteSheri I'm SO PROUD of you!!! And I think that is so awesome that T ran it with you- a sweet sweet memory for you both to tell the grandkids someday!
ReplyDeleteYEAY! GOOD JOB!
ReplyDeleteBy the way...smoke is ALWAYS good for the lungs! :)
This is SO RAD! A. You did this and worked super hard to make it happen. B. Your hubby did it with you! I'm so proud of you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your run! That is such an accomplishment. If you have the time to check out my blog, I gave you a Domestically Gifted award.
ReplyDeleteJessica
So impressive Sheri!! Way to go!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm inspired! I love that your husband ran with you and you guys came in hand in hand! I love the furniture from your previous posts.
ReplyDeleteawesome job!! I could not do 10k!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
ReplyDelete