Saturday, September 4, 2010

Another Project

This next project has been a while in the making. It starts with a bit of a confession. I love having a neat and tidy house (although I have had to ease up a bit for sanity's sake over the past few years of being a Mom). I seriously love clean counter tops but, I have a bit of a "junk" counter right here .........

Don't judge me and that mess! There were diapers and wipes, a basket of the kid's craft supplies that was over flowing, bottles of bubbles and much more. It seriously drove me crazy but I didn't know what to do until I came across an adorable idea online where a lady took an old dresser and transformed it into a grand central station of sorts!
It took me a while but I finally found the perfect antique dresser at a garage sale a few weeks back ($30). I just love all the character and hand made nature of it; I would guess it is close to 100 years old. Despite the bad lighting of the picture it was actually pink.

This adorable mirror came with it and you can really see the color in this pic. (I am working on finishing the mirror for AL's room)


I decided to go with a lighter color then my previous black pieces and learned a ton about working with lighter colors on the way. I stripped the paint, sanded it, painted it a rich creamy color that I mixed, distressed it and varathaned it. Lastly I added some new hardware and a shelf for the baskets to sit on where I removed a drawer. Here is my new work station!


A few closer looks. I used a couple jars to store all of the markers and crayons. The drawers are filled with coloring books and paper (and a few diapers too).



I love love love it.

Oh and a peek and the much cleaner counter top (not perfect but it will do for now)


Stay tuned for the next project.............my garage looks like a used furniture store, I have so many things on the go!

4 comments:

  1. I seriously love how it turned out!! You did such a great job!! Keep the inspiration coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri!! that is SOOOO pretty! I love it! You are inspiring me, but I can't do anything till the baby is here!! (probably not good for me to be bending over over paint and stains). great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wooow! I love it. You did such a great job. Totally creative. I bet you are so happy to see some counter space again too. The little mirror it came with reminds me of a princess mirror.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete