Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fall Begins

We have had just the busiest start to fall but have been loving every minute of it. We were fortunate enough to have T home last week which always means lots of fun! We started out the week visiting the "Jurassic Forrest" just out of town. I was seriously impressed with it and the kids loved it. We travelled the board walk through the forrest and spotted huge life size dinosaurs as we went. The kids loved when the dinosaurs moved and made noises. My little man couldn't get enough of it!



AL had a big day mid week with her first ever dance class. She has been so excited about dance for months so she could hardly contain her excitement when she finally got to put on her dance outfit.

The parents were invited back into the dance studio for the last 5 mins of the class to see what they had learned; all i can say is that it was beyond adorable.


We packed up right after dance and headed to Canmore/Banff/Lake Louise for the rest of the week. We stayed in another amazing 2 storey condo that we scored on Expedia for just over $100/night (It was seriously sooooo nice). We spent time hiking around Lake Louise. Little JA ran the whole 2km on the way back around the lake and I think he jumped in every puddle on the way too! We checked out the water slides in Banff, took a boat tour of Lake Miniwaka, Hiked trails in Canmore, had nightly popcorn/movie parties, soaked in the stunning scenery and fall colors, watched elk graze and much more. It was nice to just get away for a few days.
k


We have took some family pics a year ago and I wanted to update them (I just love fall pictures) so we decided to try again a couple days ago. We headed back to the same park we had gone to before with my parents and managed to take pictures for maybe 10 minutes before the kids had enough! I'm sure we took a good 50 pictures but we managed to get a couple good ones. My talented friend touched them up for us and I am thrilled with how it turned out. The crazy part was looking at the picture from last year beside the one from this year; the kids have lost their baby chubbiness! How do they grow so fast?!?


I hope you are enjoying the gorgeous fall colors and chill in the air. This really is such a beautiful time of year.

5 comments:

  1. Love the colors, not enjoying the chill :P Looks like you guys had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fun time you have been having. That's awesome!

    By the way, the family pics are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in the world is that Jurrasic park?? My kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your new picture! I love fall, too. My favorite season. P.S. those PCC muffins are so lovely. Too lovely to be muffins. I think they are cupcakes in disguise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree 100% Kara.....cupcakes in disguise!

    ReplyDelete