Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rocky Mountain Running

To summarize this weekend's run:

1. Death by horrid chest cold
2. Death by 12km
3. Death by hills (aka steep mountain inclines - 5/12 kms were uphill)
4. Would I do it again???? In a heart beat.


Who wouldn't want to run in such an amazingly gorgeous place? It was the perfect place for a girl's night and a girl's only run.
*a morning snuggle*

The route was changed at the last minute due to lingering snow and the new terrain was a challenge and then some (at least I know my behind got a good workout).
The only real snag in the weekend was the terrible chest cold I got this past week; I just couldn't catch my breath while running. I am so grateful for the best and most encouraging running partners who encouraged me (and stayed by my side to catch me in case I collapsed!). Despite the hills, the illness and some hefty winds we still managed to beat our goal time and our previous times.
I can't wait to do it again next year!

6 comments:

  1. youarenuts youarenuts youarenuts.

    But youarealsomyhero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Sheri!!! What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri that's crazy/awesome! Were you in Jasper or Banff for the run? The wind down here was brutal all weekend, I can't even imagine running in that kind of wind, let alone with a chest cold! Way to go, you have reaffirmed to me that you are indeed my "crazy running girl" friend :D Hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SO SO SO MUCH FUN! I wish I could run with you.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!! It looks like such a beautiful place to run -- I am glad you were able to go and that you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Work! You are getting me inspired to get back into running! I need to bad!

    ReplyDelete