AL has been looking forward to today with much anticipation. It is no secret that I love planning parties and when AL decided she wanted a Strawberry Shortcake party for her birthday I had a lot of fun purusing ideas and preparing for the big day. (I was having hard time getting her to pose for a pic)
I shared a few of the projects with links to the tutorials on previous posts so I won't repeat myself. I was thrilled with how cute these "modern mobiles" turned out. Truly so fast and simple to make (if you can sew a straight line anyway).
The table was set with Strawberry Shortcake accessories, balloons were hung and a strawberry candle was burning for an added touch!
When the party guest arrived I had them decorate little boxes with stickers and markers.
Once all the girls arrived we played a few games. First on the list was a game of "pass the present". They passed the present and when the music stoped they would unwrap a layer. It started out pretty big and we ended up with a tiny box filled with strawberry lip gloss for each girl to put in their goodie bag.
Next we played a game of "pin the seeds on the strawberry". (No pics of this sadly.....I missed your photo skills LF)
Since Strawberry Shortcake loves to bake I decided to make all of the girls an adorable apron using this pattern. They were so excited about getting to wear them and take them home.
We then headed to the table and decorated cupcakes and then packed them up into the boxes they had made to take home after the party.
I found this cute idea on pinterest and decided to have a little game of "Berry Bouncing" using these paddles (popsicle sticks glued to a paper plate) and red balloons. The kids LOVED it.
Our amazing neighbors let us borrow their boucny house for the 3rd year in a row and it was a hit.
We then got out the pinata and a very brave Daddy let little kids swing a bat in his direction!
We then headed inside to refuel with a little cake, juice and some fruit kabobs.
For the cake I used a 9x13 cake and topped it with two heart shaped cakes.
I found these little cups with lids and straws at Save On Foods (genius).
AL opened presents and the kids had the best time playing the game "EleFun" (a great garage sale find).
The birthday girl couldn't have had a better day!
You do the best kids parties and kudos on the present game and having a little something for everyone at the end of it- I recall a few parties where kids cried because they didn't get the special something. Haha those were the days
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS! That looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun. I should have been invited... I'm a girl :) Next time I'm going to come anyway and take pictures for you. Then I still would be in on the party action. You are AMAZING and so creative!
ReplyDeleteCute! What a great party! I can't wait to have a girl one day and copy this party ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh why didn't you invite me?! I couldn't believe that party kept going after the cupcake decorating, because you know, that's where I woulda stopped thinking and doing. lol. Way to go!
ReplyDeletewow i love your cake!!! looks like sucha fun party!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like the funnest party EVER! Good job, I am amazed :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute party! How could you not love it??!! So fun!! And those aprons are adorable...I want one :) Great job!!!
ReplyDeleteyou are amazing. totally need to steal all your ideas when I am a mom, so that I can be as cool as you!!
ReplyDelete