Sunday, November 20, 2011

Breaking Dawn Party!

I am pretty sure I need to preface this post by saying that I am completely aware that this is going to show my nerdy side through and through BUT man it sure was fun!
The Twilight series was such a fun read and the movies are filled with tons of cheesy scenes and terrible acting but there is something about it that just makes for the perfect excuse to have a girls night.
My sister is a huge fan and decided to host a little gathering last night before we headed to the theatre to watch the movie.
My sister and I were like little teenage girls; we were so giddy getting ready for the party, we could hardly wait for the guests to arrive.
Here are a few of the highlights.
Some of the decor.

A look at a few of the details:
I made Edward and Bella a wedding cake (although it is a fraction of the size of the one in the movie)
My sister went all out and cut out these wooden wolves with her saw and made us bracelets with the cystal to represent Edward (and the necklace he gave Bella) and the wolf for Jacob (and all of his hotness;)
She tied wedding rings on our drinking glasses
She wrapped the sprakling juice in Breaking Dawn wrappers (perfect for a wedding toast)
She also made us a game of pin the fangs on the vampire and pin the tail on the wolf! So fun.
We had so much fun going through some Twilight trivia, giggling, eating tons of food and feeling like 14 year old girls!

The movie was tons of cheesy fun. Seriously such a great night. A huge thanks to my fun filled sister!

7 comments:

  1. I was waiting for THIS!!! YAY! SO COOL!

    P.S. All you Twi-haters out there need not comment on our fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We aren't haters... Just don't get it! But a girl's night is a girl's night regardless the theme! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it was the "nerdy" side at all. It looked like tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, so much fun. I can't wait for when i can have a break and go see the movie!!!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete