Monday, November 21, 2011

Letter of the week Update

Remember this post where I mentioned I was planning to work on a letter of the week with my kids?
Well, I am happy to report that we are in full swing. I am getting lots of ideas from the site that I mentioned in my last post but I am also loving this site for great printables.
My children have been complete opposites thus far in their learning process (especially when it comes to the alphabet). AL had the entire alphabet figured out at about 20 mths and JA barely recognizes any letters at almost 3 years old (granted he has a severe speech delay and keeps proving to me over and over that he knows more then he is able to communicate).
My goal with our structured learning time at home is to increase JA's letter and sound recognition/knowledge and to improve AL's printing and fine motor abilities as well as her sound recognition.
The site that I linked above has excellent templates for each letter of the alphabet that I have been using with both children and then printing practise pages for each letter that I have been using with AL. AL is working on writing her name most days as well.
We have been reading lots of books that focus on our letter of the week during the day and making a craft or two as well during the week that go along with the letter sound (ie Bird craft for B). It has been a positive change to make sure that we spend more time during our day focused on some learning.

Tracing "B"


"B is for Beans" (I think there may be more beans in his glue then on his paper.....lol)

1 comment: