Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday the 3rd

Today was one of those days were the simple things in life just add up to make a for a good day. You know, the kind of day where at the end of it you sit back and smile and just feel content even though nothing too exciting happened.
We started out the day babysitting one of AL's friends for the morning. You would think that having an extra child in the house would make for more work but I am discovering over and over that having an extra child makes for way less work. My kids are so entertained by having someone new to play with that they keep super busy and never have time to fight! Love it.
The kids had a great time working on a gorgeous birthday sign for their Auntie with markers, glue, stickers, pom poms and jewels.
We walked the girls to preschool and enjoyed the sunshine and the fact that it is November and we haven't seen a flake of the white stuff yet.

This afternoon our wainscotting and trim in the basement was re-painted a beautiful "snow fall white" which made me smile. (We had a bit of a painting nightmare earlier in the week when our color matched paint turned out to be beige, not white.....ugh, expensive)

This evening we had a fun little birthday party for T's sister. I made a delicious roast chicken dinner. Auntie D wanted pie for dessert so I made both banana cream and a key lime meringue pie..........yum! Gotta love comfort food.

A good day.

After almost 2 months of weekly physio on my IT band I was finally given the go ahead to be done with physio and to get back to running. Wish me luck tomorrow night when I head out for a run! Can't wait to get back at it.

2 comments:

  1. MAde me smile. I love good, content days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love days like that :) and hope the running is going good!! I'm sure you are excited!

    ReplyDelete