I must be feeling a lot better because I am finally being a good Mom again and playing and crafting with my kids instead of laying on the couch watching tv ;)
I love Pinterest it makes life so much more fun. It makes meal planning a breeze now (I no longer dread Wednesday nights sitting in front of my meal planner with out a clue on what to make for dinners this week), party planning is a breeze and I have learned so many tricks and tips to make life easier, I have even been inpsired at just the right moment by quotes and thoughts. I just have one problem, I tend to get a bit "pin happy" and don't spend enough time actually doing/creating those pins!
I have pinned oddles of ideas for things to do with the kids on winter days so last night I looked through some of those ideas and refreshed my mind on things I want to do with them. Most of the ideas I have come across at university, while teaching school or many other sites but I love having a place to keep all my thoughts organized.
This morning we played with paint! We started out by putting paint in ziploc bags (I taped them shut with the strongest tape we own......just in case). The kids then used Q-tips to create pictures. (Ignore the fact they are still in PJ's)
JA thought it was tons of fun to drive his trucks over his bag to see the tracks and AL had to get in on it too.
After JA had enough fun he left the table and I used his bag to write letters on it and AL would copy on her bag. It was a great way to review letters, shapes and numbers together.
We then cut out a few paper hearts and used Q-tips to create polka dot pictures.
At AL's preschool on Tuesday they painted by driving little cars through the paint and she thought it would be a great idea to try that too, who am I to stand in the way of a great idea?!?!
I'm excited to try out some more of the fun ideas I have pinned!
looks like fun! I need to start doing some of this stuff again...seems like this year I haven't been as creative. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a good mom you are Sheri!! What kind of paint did you use?
ReplyDeleteDollar store tempra paint.......cheap and cleans up well.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have been having a great time! I am glad you are feeling better!
ReplyDelete