This afternoon we hosted a Valentine's Party for a few little friends. It is no big secret that I love planning a party and this was the perfect excuse to put all the adorable ideas I keep seeing on Pinterest to good use! (A good way to keep busy on cold winter days too).
For the decoration I kept things pretty simple and just hung some paper heart garlands that I made, some balloons and a few other pink and red hearts around the house.
To start the party I laid out a bunch of fun Valentine hearts, stickers, stamps, etc and the kids created some beautiful Valentine hearts.
Next on the list was playing a game of "Be Mine" Bingo! I found this super cute preschool bingo PDF here and had the game cards printed off at Staples.
The kids loved it.
I got super brave and pulled out the paints for our next activity! I cut up a package of cheap sponges into heart shapes and the kids stamped the sponges into the paint and then onto colored card stock. To finish them off they sprinkled glitter over the top of the wet paint.
After all the fun the kids were ready to refuel with a little snack. I laid out a fruit platter in the shape of a heart.
I made some sugar cookies and jello jigglers and then one of the girls surprised us with cupcakes as well. (Not the healthiest snack but so fun)
For drinks I gave them a cup of Sprite and added red and pink heart shaped ice cubes (made from Kool Aid) to it. It was a hit! (Another Pinterest idea)
After a little play time while I cleaned up the snack we embarked on our last project of the party. When I saw this idea on Pinterest I knew that I wanted to do it with the kids.
Each kid made their own Marshmallow Pop Bouquet to take home to share with their family for FHE tonight.
The kids dipped their marshmallows in pink or milk chocolate melts and then rolled them in sprinkles. So easy and so darn cute!
When the chocolate dried I wrapped them each in little bags to keep them from drying out. We filled the bottom of the jars with jelly beans too. So cute.
The kids enjoyed lots of play time together as well. Everyone left happy and the afternoon was a success!
AL is excited to hand out her Valentine's cards tomorrow at preschool (another great Pinterest idea)
AAAAH! TOOO CUTE! Seriously, so fun! I need to get myself more organized so I can copy all your great ideas!
ReplyDeletelooks like a fun party! cute ideas :)
ReplyDelete