Friday, April 27, 2012

Sneak Peek

I had been dreading going for my ultrasound for weeks. At 27-28 weeks with JA I ended up on bed rest due to the results of a sad ultrasound (I'll save the details) and the chances of having the same thing happen with this baby were super high. I lucked out and got the sweetest, nicest ultrasound tech which is a bonus in and of itself. She actually turned the monitor my direction and explained every measurement and image as she went (so rare). I couldn't stop smiling (even after the invasive ultrasound style) when I found out that my cervix is still holding as strong as it was at 18 weeks (which was right on the border of the "good" category). Amazing! A true answer to tons and tons of prayer. I honestly felt the hugest weight lift off my shoulders with that news. I was dreading the thought of ending up on bed rest or even worse serving that time partially in the hospital. I walked out of the building feeling at least 10 lbs lighter. I don't think I had realized just how much extra stress it had been causing me. I still need to take it easy but that I can handle. The ultrasound tech gave me a special treat and "played" around for a while watching our little boy while she waited for the radiologist to get back from lunch. This little boy is more then wedged deep, head down which explained a lot of the extra discomfort recently. He did eventually turn his head a bit so I could watch him as he sucked on his wrist, chewed, waved and wriggled around. Here is a little sneak peek of what our little boy is looking like right now. Cute. 2D of his face looking straight forward and a little hand in there too
3D images cord running right under his neck

8 comments:

  1. So happy that things went well! Very neat ultrasound pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome Sheri! Great shots of his little face too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you! I feel lighter for you! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and your sweet baby is soooooo cute. !!! Some people think 3d ultrasounds can be creepy but it's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3D ultrasounds are ALWAYS creepy at the 18-20wks but later on they sure start to get cuter! I wish I had been given a copy of all the awesome images the tech got today.....baby feet in 3D are too cute. Amazing technology for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sheri!! He is so beautiful already!!! He has melted my heart already. Sooooo happy everything turned out so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! More and more I notice *small* blessings in my life. It makes the *big* blessings seem all the more great. This certainly is a huge relief. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such great news!! I just LOVE ultrasound pictures!! You can see the neatest details of this little miracles :)

    ReplyDelete