Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Tender Mercies
The past two days have been on the rough side of things. I have been having huge sciatic nerve pain in my lower back and then I must have done something in my sleep Sunday night and caused some painful injury to my right side running right down my ribs. Yawning is crazy painful so pretty much everything else is bad too! Last night I was exhausted and went to bed at 8pm to ease my back only to come down with a fever and chills that have been plaguing me ever since.
My heart is full of emotion for the sweetness that was shown to me today by friends. The offers to help were touching and I get teary eyed just thinking about it now (probably a bit of exhaustion and hormones mixed in with it too).
A dear friend picked up AL mid morning and out for lunch with her daughter and then to and from school. Another sweet friend had dinner at my door just after lunch in the crock pot. I had my few moments where it was hard to agree to the help but what a blessing it was.
I had been laying in my bed (while the children happily played and destroyed their rooms) the hour leading up to dinner. I hadn't been able to stop shaking from the chills the entire time. Knowing that dinner was ready on my counter was just a pure relief; especially after T called and ended up working late.
I am hoping after some sleep tonight and a massage tomorrow I will be so much better. I love that the Lord answers our prayers through our dear friends and neighbors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you feel better! Pregnancy can be awful! Hopefully the massage helps tomorrow
ReplyDelete