Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gymnastic Super Stars!

After gymnastics got off to a rough start two months ago I am happy to report that things couldn't have worked out better. All I have to say is that it is amazing the difference amazing coaches/teachers can make. We ended up switching days and classes and the kids were put in classes with two coaches that were everything I hoped they would be and everything that I had tried to be as a coach myself. They made the classes so fun, they were encouraging, they were energetic, they got to know my children and built a relationship with them and we saw huge improvemet in their skills because of it. The kids LOVED every minute of it. Some friends joined JA and I in the parented class which always makes it way more fun and AL excelled in her preschool class. I was physically exhausted by the end of each class but couldn't have been happier with the positive experience it was for the kids. Today was the last day of class so both kids had a chance to show me their favorite things they had learned. It was fun to have AL show me everything she had learned since my focus and attention was always with JA during class time so I barely caught a glance of her each week. (I only had the point and shoot camera so ignore the blurr in a few of these pics) It was impossible to get a clear pic of the kids on the trampolines but it was by far one of their favorite things to do each week
The bouncy house was brought out for the last 15 mins of class today and it was a hit!
Getting ready to roll
Straddle hang
Balance beams
Bear walk
At the end of the day each child was called up to get their certificate and gave us a big "ta-da"!
I sure am proud of my little gymnists!

No comments:

Post a Comment