Friday, June 15, 2012

A little cutting and sewing

A couple months back I was on a big kick getting a few projects tackled for the baby.  I was pretty much done but for some reason took forever to just sew the final straps on the last project.  Today it finally got done; I am pretty sure realizing that I don't have all the time in the world finally kicked in today!

I am not a great seamstress so it is always exciting when things get done. 

A little look:

I love how cute this car seat cover turned out and think it should be great for blocking the wind and the light for our summer time baby.


While dragging my children to several fabric stores they spotted some pretty exciting fleece fabric that they loved ( I couldn't resist since it was 80% off ).  They LOVE their fleece blankets!


I ordered some adorabe fabric from Fabric.com and made Baby W a nice soft blanket.  Both of my babies had a favorite blankie (minkey/flannel combo) that I had made them.  In fact they both still love them so I figured this guy would love one too.  JA has already tried to steal it a few times ;)
Lastly, I wiped up a "Super" cape yesterday for my girl.  JA has become pretty attached to this Batman cape my Mom had made years ago for my nephew.  He flies around the house playing Superman, Batman or Super Bunny all day long.  AL wanted in on the fun and was pretty particular about the color combo (the pink and yellow make me think of a circus performer!).  Now I have two Super kids.

3 comments:

  1. Good job!!!!! I love when other people do sewing projects. Makes me happy. I also make a special blanket for each of my kids and secretly I'm super happy if it's their favorite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, so cute!! you did a great job. I love the carseat cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all this stuff too... hopefully it will motivate me to finish some things. i have such a huge pile of sewing that will only take 5 minutes each to finish... but i keep putting it off. so many good ideas of things to make for the kids too and i never get to it. i did hang a blind today though... woo!

    ReplyDelete